2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
used to love the guy for teh warriors but he doesn't seem to be anywhere near fully recovered
Yeah, he absolutely stunk a couple seasons ago when the Nets were in the playoffs. He couldn't throw a pebble in the ocean. KD had to carry that team on offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the article about Kevin Durant.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets beat the Trail Blazers tonight. Ben Simmons had 15 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists.

Durant had 35 points and 8 rebounds.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far he’s effecting it to the tune of best record in the western conference with dame missing 36% of games and Anfernee missing a couple of games. Again, no “problem.” He is literally showing he is not empty stats and contributes to winning. And he did so in a lesser role at Denver. All he’s shown is he cannot unilaterally lift a team that was so bad it got the #1 pick outta the dumps. But then again, neither could Booker for years.

Recency bias.

He spent years as the anchor of a team that was already trash and he made worse. The Blazers got him for a nickle. For a few weeks he's shot well above his career norms. Are his career norms him? Is the dude shooting at a record pace the "real" Grant?

Things I know for sure? As mentioned... he forced his way off a good team so he could be "the man" on a trash heap. The trash heap got even worse with him as "the man".

Speaking of recency bias... he was 2-13 tonight in a 2 point loss. My personal recency bias says the he and the earth will impact soon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Recency bias.

He spent years as the anchor of a team that was already trash and he made worse. The Blazers got him for a nickle. For a few weeks he's shot well above his career norms. Are his career norms him? Is the dude shooting at a record pace the "real" Grant?

Things I know for sure? As mentioned... he forced his way off a good team so he could be "the man" on a trash heap. The trash heap got even worse with him as "the man".

Speaking of recency bias... he was 2-13 tonight in a 2 point loss. My personal recency bias says the he and the earth will impact soon.
Could be. Might not. When you say “spent years as the anchor of a team that was already trash and he made worse” what you mean was he went to a terrible team for two years to get paid (oh the horrors of a player getting his first big contract) which are sandwiched between two years playing for contenders in which he had a smaller role and now more of a leading role. This was player who had a lot of developing to do, but he’s developed. And he’s performing. At a high level. For the best team (record wise) in the league and not over an inconsequential number of games. Seems you are anchoring your opinion on old data instead of considering all data, including the most relevant data: todays data.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never understood the Wolves thought process in trading for Gobert when everything in the NBA revolves around spacing.

They needed defense and it’s working great. Top 3 when Gobert is in there but bottom 3 in offense.

I don’t think Rudy is the problem KAT and ANT have to find a way to play with Rudy. If they can figure a comfort level they can go far. The season is still really early

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They needed defense and it’s working great. Top 3 when Gobert is in there but bottom 3 in offense.

I don’t think Rudy is the problem KAT and ANT have to find a way to play with Rudy. If they can figure a comfort level they can go far. The season is still really early
Problem is Rudy can't camp out low post. Kat and ANT need that space to create. Putting Rudy away from the paint to make that happen makes him a ZERO piece on offense because he can't get tip ins, lobs, offensive rebounds, etc. So he is great on D being an eraser, or the threat of being an eraser, but on offense he's a boat anchor. It seems when he rests on the bench, their offense gets better. Just the eyeball test. I would have to see stats on that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was a nasty overpay and I don't think there is much that KAT can change about the way things play out with him and Gobert on the court at once.

KAT can't play inside with Gobert in there and KAT's inside out game is what made him special. Now he's just a spot up shooter.

What perplexes me the most is their rebounding stats. That's one area I thought they thrive but instead they suck.

I expect Towns gets traded next summer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Problem is Rudy can't camp out low post. Kat and ANT need that space to create. Putting Rudy away from the paint to make that happen makes him a ZERO piece on offense because he can't get tip ins, lobs, offensive rebounds, etc. So he is great on D being an eraser, or the threat of being an eraser, but on offense he's a boat anchor. It seems when he rests on the bench, their offense gets better. Just the eyeball test. I would have to see stats on that.

I don’t see why they don’t use him like we do with DA. The second the ball comes across half court our Center runs out past the three point line to set the screen and free up the ball handler to get into the offense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don’t see why they don’t use him like we do with DA. The second the ball comes across half court our Center runs out past the three point line to set the screen and free up the ball handler to get into the offense.
I think setting screens is an underrated part of DAs game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This might be the worst defensive sequence in NBA history and it’s not hyperbole.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might be the worst defensive sequence in NBA history and it’s not hyperbole.

Wow Scottie Barnes... what the hell was he thinking?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not the only team with guard injuries.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are not the only team with guard injuries.

Don't screw around with stress fractures, they turn into a real fracture really easily.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson