2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I could have those numbers with the Spurs
Playing for the Spurs, A team that's tanking?
I'll take my chances and ignore ANYTHING this guy does.
Haha on that note. Drafted one spot after Jalen Smith:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haha on that note. Drafted one spot after Jalen Smith:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think Vassell was on the suns radar, I remember watching lots o videos on the kid for some reason.
Too bad that didn't pan out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 minute review for 2nd straight game refs missed a crucial call on Klay Thompson that helped Warriors win. Sacramento game he fouled Huerter on a desperation 3 had they called it and he made all 3 FT's it ties the game. Last night against Cleveland, Steph nails a 3 to put the Warriors up 4 but Klay's screen was an illegal screen should have been no basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why? He asked before and they still suck. It's obvious he would still want out.

I believe Durant would like to be traded, but the reporting was too vague for my taste.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, definitely shouldn't count these guys out from being legit. The only thing I would say as a counter is that let's see it for a full season and not just a stint at the start of the year.
It would be ok if we would lose all our letdown games at the start of the season and slowly work our way into world domination.
Yeah That's what I'm going with.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I really wish the Suns had traded Ayton for Sabonis last year. No way Sacramento moves him.
I said in real time if the Suns don’t want DA long term they need to make that deal even though they were in first place by a mile. It’s understandable why they didn’t pull the trigger but we’re not getting anything close to a top-25ish player now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said in real time if the Suns don’t want DA long term they need to make that deal even though they were in first place by a mile. It’s understandable why they didn’t pull the trigger but we’re not getting anything close to a top-25ish player now.

Right. They should of had the balls to pull the trigger. Name me one time dangling a key player in trade talks and playing games with there contract has ended good for any team. It ends the same way every damn time. Bad.

I see guys putting on the cape for the franchise like fans love to do. Saying oh the Suns saved 25 million dollars. Well if your the player your saying they robbed me of 25 million dollars.

James Jones had mishandled every damn thing that’s come his way after his first year. It’s clear Ayton has completely checked out and Crowder had just F it I’m not even showing up for work.

I really think this is the last year we see Ayton, Monty and Paul with the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Right. They should of had the balls to pull the trigger. Name me one time dangling a key player in trade talks and playing games with there contract has ended good for any team. It ends the same way every damn time. Bad.

I see guys putting on the cape for the franchise like fans love to do. Saying oh the Suns saved 25 million dollars. Well if your the player your saying they robbed me of 25 million dollars.

James Jones had mishandled every damn thing that’s come his way after his first year. It’s clear Ayton has completely checked out and Crowder had just F it I’m not even showing up for work.

I really think this is the last year we see Ayton, Monty and Paul with the Suns.

If the Suns had paid Ayton the max last summer they could well be in a Kyler Murray situation now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns had paid Ayton the max last summer they could well be in a Kyler Murray situation now.

Couple things

1 if you paid him the max last summer even knowing he wasn’t in your plans you would of had full control when I came to trading him.

Instead you handicapped yourself because the rules of a sign and trade made it damn near impossible to move him and get value( he couldn’t be combined with another player and we could only take back 19 million)

2 if you sign him you avoid all the ******** and drama and I gurantee you he wouldn’t be checked out like he is now. It’s obvious this bridge is burned.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple things

1 if you paid him the max last summer even knowing he wasn’t in your plans you would of had full control when I came to trading him.

Instead you handicapped yourself because the rules of a sign and trade made it damn near impossible to move him and get value( he couldn’t be combined with another player and we could only take back 19 million)

2 if you sign him you avoid all the ******** and drama and I gurantee you he wouldn’t be checked out like he is now. It’s obvious this bridge is burned.
Except it's a "guarantee" that you can't possibly know anything about. From the moment he was drafted, he's given us reason to fear how he'd play once he got that big contract. When he asked an NBA player (roughly) "how do you stay motivated once you get that big contract", that was a flashing red light for all the world to see. And that wasn't his only money related comment/question of note.

Sure, maybe his lackluster performance is as you suggest, purely a reaction from our failure to max him when we first had the chance. But none of us know that and it has to be more than a little concerning to those of us that supported DA that he's doing exactly what many here feared he'd do once he got the generational wealth he was so focused on.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except it's a "guarantee" that you can't possibly know anything about. From the moment he was drafted, he's given us reason to fear how he'd play once he got that big contract. When he asked an NBA player (roughly) "how do you stay motivated once you get that big contract", that was a flashing red light for all the world to see. And that wasn't his only money related comment/question of note.

Sure, maybe his lackluster performance is as you suggest, purely a reaction from our failure to max him when we first had the chance. But none of us know that and it has to be more than a little concerning to those of us that supported DA that he's doing exactly what many here feared he'd do once he got the generational wealth he was so focused on.

If that was the fear then they should of moved him a long time ago. No matter how this is spun it comes back to JJ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn