2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Jazz being 10-3 is mind blowing. Lauri is playing like an All-NBA player.

Strong shades of the 2014 Suns when McD (an Ainge protege) intended blew up a roster, tank the hell out of the season... but accidentally made a playoff caliber team, if Bledsoe's knee doesn't give out that was probably a 4 or 5 seed in a stacked west.

McD second guessed his own tank, went all in the next season, only to have it blow up in his face. I expect Ainge to be more ruthless. I bet he continues to gut this Jazz team as the year goes on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis is not happy playing the 5.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precious Achiuwa is out indefinitely for the Raptors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toot my own horn time...

There was a lot of hand wringing about the west getting better and us sitting pat... I didn't see it then, I especially don't see it now.

Dallas is worse, Golden state is way worse, the Clippers are the same "game management" low/mid seed they've been for years, the Pelicans have ill fitting parts, the Nuggets still can't defend a chair, the Wolves are a joke that cut off their nose to spite their face.

Memphis looks good, but they were even more quiet than we were in the off season, and Utah is doing... whatever they're doing.

The Suns are a top 3 seed, likely a 1 or 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still struggling but the Warriors have found a player in 2 way player Anthony Lamb

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry has to be God for the Warriors to win. Klay is toast.

Yeah Klay is definitely struggling. Lamb is a kid who played at Vermont and is big enough to play the 3, he's a better athlete than he looks, and he's making 3's even though the shot looks weird.

Crazy win tonight multiple technicals, as usual the result of bad calls. they even got a T when draymond made a layup, the ball went through the net bounced off his shoulder up into the air, he tipped it back to the Cleveland player and the ref called delay of game, 2nd one, T. Just unreal. But Steph went hero again in the 4th quarter and won it.

Cavs are very good but they have the same issue the Jazz had, Mitchell is a terrific player but he's so ball dominant he's taking their other guys out of the offense.