2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sources, Dejounte Murray wouldn't sign an extension with the Spurs.

This might be enough reason for a trade and also for the Spurs to remain interested in Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That’s interesting and surprising.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams just reported KD requested trade out of Brooklyn.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, here we go. Get it done Phoenix.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz waiving Juancho Hernangomez.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who bashed JJ over Ayton's lack of extension because he'd become our second designated rookie max deal and with the latest nugget about teams only being able to acquire one of those players by trade, owe an apology.

JJ really showed some foresight.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who bashed JJ over Ayton's lack of extension because he'd become our second designated rookie max deal and with the latest nugget about teams only being able to acquire one of those players by trade, owe an apology.

JJ really showed some foresight.
I just alluded to this the other day and again today. It appears based on other teams interests the Suns were spot on in terms of his value.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
You have to wonder how much of an ego crush this off-season has been to Ayton's ego. First, teams in the free agency market didn't appear to really want him, and now it appears the Nets are less than thrilled with him as a trade center piece.

I still think he goes somewhere, but he may have to reconsider his estimation of himself... or you know, like actually work to improve himself.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Gambo second confirmation from another source. NETS DO NOT WANT AYTON. Suns have been told the same thing. So, the Suns have to make a deal without him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Gambo second confirmation from another source. NETS DO NOT WANT AYTON.

Why would they. Ayton is a good piece but he’s not a star. Honestly I don’t even think he could be part of the deal.

if your doing a deal like this the assets you get back are the most important thing. Draft picks have become gold now.

We own all our picks. I think this is ultimately a three team deal. Ayton for assets and then it all gets shipped to NJ for Durant.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would they. Ayton is a good piece but he’s not a star. Honestly I don’t even think he could be part of the deal.

if your doing a deal like this the assets you get back are the most important thing. Draft picks have become gold now.

We own all our picks. I think this is ultimately a three team deal. Ayton for assets and then it all gets shipped to NJ for Durant.
Three team deals are very complicated to pull off. Not impossible but complicated. Also, I didn't hear what Gambo said but the second team in a 3 team trade evidently can't take on a Max player deal only the primary team involved in the trade?!?!!? Did I hear that right? I was like huh? Is that a thing?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Nets cant tank, they don't have any of their own picks for the next 4 years. They need to try to still have a competitive team coming out of this.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book just got the Supermax. He is not going ANYWHERE.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Three team deals are very complicated to pull off. Not impossible but complicated. Also, I didn't hear what Gambo said but the second team in a 3 team trade evidently can't take on a Max player deal only the primary team involved in the trade?!?!!? Did I hear that right? I was like huh? Is that a thing?

How the F are these sign and trade rules so complicated

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard