2021 Training Camp Thread

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was so sour after the week 17 game against the Rams last year.

I knew the schedule would be brutal this year, and it will be. Back in January I thought we would take a step back record-wise.

Now that we are almost in August, I actually think we’ll be better than 8 wins, but not by much.

Normally I feel like my predictions are pretty conservative for my teams. Heck, I though the Chris Paul signing would only lead the Suns to maybe a 7th seed at best and a first round exit. Boy was I wrong. Here’s hoping that the Cardinals are actually being underrated by our fan base as well as the national media.

I know it’s often been discussed, but our defensive line legitimately has the opportunity to be special. Retaining Golden, adding Watt, hopefully keeping Chandler Jones are all huge additions.

If we continue to be top 10 in sacks and generating pressure, AS WELL as stop the run, the defensive backs don’t even need to be that special.

Add in what is hopefully going to be a well-balanced run game with a guy who can grind our short yardage situations in Connor and the best Center in the game and all of the sudden our football team feels more complete.

Oh and now we have a clutch kicker so s teams should be greatly improved.

AND add in the fact Kyler is going into year 3 with the same coaching staff and more weapons and I’m sorry but I don’t see how he doesn’t improve his game.

Add all that up and it’s easy to build a case for getting exciting that this can be a winning football team.

I think realistically the window is 9-11 wins.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Total fluff piece full of generalities and coach speak. Weinfuss needs to ask follow-up questions and press for specifics. That was garbage.
Cardinals cutoff access to anyone asking tough questions. They rule the local media.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is his MO, start a season strong and tailing off badly into the second half of it. Take a look at his college record, I believe 4 of his 6 seasons are exactly like the 2020 season.