2021 NFL COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***** is a dirty word?
R E I C H
Technically, only the 3rd ***** would be offensive, the two before it were not.

"The Holy Roman Empire (800–1806) is defined as the "First *****", and the German Empire (1871–1918) as the "Second *****" and the "Third *****" in the modern context the term refers to n a z i Germany."

The term itself is not offensive.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not in charge either nor can I turn it off. I can only remove some words. Reich should be removed now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a general comment about what I would do if I were in charge, which I am not :)

It’s pretty odd that something which has been a major annoyance for almost everyone on the board hasn’t been remedied... when there’s such an easy solution to do so.

feels like the definition of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
2m

The #Colts announce that coach Frank *****, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantined. He has no symptoms.
This is what I was talking about. Now what? When vaccinated players/coaches still contract covid & can spread it how do they have an argument against non vaccinated players & be able to fine them?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So its like no calling a state with the proper name (Russia) during the Olympics games but with an awkward acronym
At this point one day will be forbidden the word russian salad
Wow

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I was talking about. Now what? When vaccinated players/coaches still contract covid & can spread it how do they have an argument against non vaccinated players & be able to fine them?
Way I see it, the vaccinated at least attempted to avoid the problem. Those who don’t, don’t get the same leniency.

Being part of a team means understanding sacrificing for the greater good. If you’re not willing to do that, you’re deciding to put the team as risk. You willingly put the team at risk and it happens, you pay the price.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy, unvaccinated players are more likely to catch it and more likely to get sick, while breakthrough cases aren't rare, actually getting sick is for those vaccinated.

So, HC gets it in a breakthrough case and everyone is vaccinated, so overall risk is low with each player having a 5% chance of getting it. Now, say 20% aren't vaxxed, they have a near 80% of getting it. Then, let's say half of the 20% get it, we know 1 or 2 will get legit sick. That's a million dollar investment that may have long term effects.

Reaction score
Easy, unvaccinated players are more likely to catch it and more likely to get sick, while breakthrough cases aren't rare, actually getting sick is for those vaccinated.

So, HC gets it in a breakthrough case and everyone is vaccinated, so overall risk is low with each player having a 5% chance of getting it. Now, say 20% aren't vaxxed, they have a near 80% of getting it. Then, let's say half of the 20% get it, we know 1 or 2 will get legit sick. That's a million dollar investment that may have long term effects.

So you are saying if vaccinated is less likely you'll get covid even people are still getting covid after being vaccinated? Is it at a much lower rate?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you are saying if vaccinated is less likely you'll get covid even people are still getting covid after being vaccinated? Is it at a much lower rate?

yes. They’re called breakthrough cases. And they happen at a ridiculously lower rate. And the vaccinated that do have breakthrough cases have only ended up being around 5% of all infected people hospitalized at this point. 95% of hospitalized Covid cases are now unvaccinated people. And something like 97% of the covid deaths at this point are from unvaccinated people.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes. They’re called breakthrough cases. And they happen at a ridiculously lower rate. And the vaccinated that do have breakthrough cases have only ended up being around 5% of all infected people hospitalized at this point. 95% of hospitalized Covid cases are now unvaccinated people. And something like 97% of the covid deaths at this point are from unvaccinated people.
In Oregon it is 99% unvaxxed and 1% vaxxed who are in the hospital and Oregon is at about 75% vaxxed. Those numbers alone should be enough to convince anyone to get the vaccination.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and it's the same with every vaccination. Even though you and I are vaccinated for Polio, we can still get it. No vaccination is 100%. The reason you don't see polio is because everyone got the vaccination and still gets its.

Look at it this way. With the Delta variant, 1 unvaccinated person can spread it to 8 unvaccinated people in a room of 10. Now, 1 unvaccinated person can give or to .5 vaccinated people in a room of 10. Overtime, with everyone vaccinated, is goes away. Now, the math isn't that easy, but you get the general idea.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread, and I feel its going fine, but please don't start posting political hate within this thread. I don't mind talking about Covid, but I just don't want it to get heated..

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Here’s an interesting article in regards to “breakthrough” cases. Essentially, the test will pick it up, even if you aren’t contagious because your body and vaccine did it’s job.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose