2021 NFL COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
At the beginning of this year, I worked the ICU in the Bronx 72hrs a week for 6 weeks. All but 3 or 4 of my 50+ patients were COVID-19. Upon arriving I was asked if I wanted to get the vaccine and I said I would (if I was going into the lions den, why decline to take a sword and shield?). That vaccine wasn't made available to me until 3 days after I was leaving. Upon arriving back in AZ, I was offered the JJ vaccination. Literally the day before my appointment, the CDC suspended the JJ. 3 weeks later my brother in law took the first dose of the moderna, and has been on a cardiac monitor since (still haven't been able to figure out a definitive treatment). I decided to listen to what my maker was telling me...

I've literally had COVID blown in my face and I have managed to not get infected (I take many precautions and wash my hands easily 20-30 times a day). I have been exposed to known cases well over 200 times as a medical provider. I am not claiming the virus is a lie (at all) and I do take it serious. However, proper hygiene practices and taking your health seriously will go a very long way. Also, I D G A F what anyone wants to say about the vaccination(s), we rifled them through, bypassing over a half century of industry standard for evidence based medicine/studies/scientific data collection (and yes I understand why that decision was made, which I care not to argue with anyone).

If a pro athlete decides he/she isn't going to get the vaccination, I support that decision. They are not nearly running the risk that the medical community faces, the airline/transportation industry, or people in the food service industry. Additionally, they are young and in great health. These guys are tested DAILY. People have suffered poor outcomes as the result of the vaccination. One can argue those reactions would (could) have been way worse had they contracted the virus, but if my optimal performance body made my $$$, I probably would decline introducing anything into it that would jeopardize its performance capacity as well. And I would stay out of the bars, party buses, avoid large gatherings, and just go straight home after practices and games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the beginning of this year, I worked the ICU in the Bronx 72hrs a week for 6 weeks. All but 3 or 4 of my 50+ patients were COVID-19. Upon arriving I was asked if I wanted to get the vaccine and I said I would (if I was going into the lions den, why decline to take a sword and shield?). That vaccine wasn't made available to me until 3 days after I was leaving. Upon arriving back in AZ, I was offered the JJ vaccination. Literally the day before my appointment, the CDC suspended the JJ. 3 weeks later my brother in law took the first dose of the moderna, and has been on a cardiac monitor since (still haven't been able to figure out a definitive treatment). I decided to listen to what my maker was telling me...

I've literally had COVID blown in my face and I have managed to not get infected (I take many precautions and wash my hands easily 20-30 times a day). I have been exposed to known cases well over 200 times as a medical provider. I am not claiming the virus is a lie (at all) and I do take it serious. However, proper hygiene practices and taking your health seriously will go a very long way. Also, I D G A F what anyone wants to say about the vaccination(s), we rifled them through, bypassing over a half century of industry standard for evidence based medicine/studies/scientific data collection (and yes I understand why that decision was made, which I care not to argue with anyone).

If a pro athlete decides he/she isn't going to get the vaccination, I support that decision. They are not nearly running the risk that the medical community faces, the airline/transportation industry, or people in the food service industry. Additionally, they are young and in great health. These guys are tested DAILY. People have suffered poor outcomes as the result of the vaccination. One can argue those reactions would (could) have been way worse had they contracted the virus, but if my optimal performance body made my $$$, I probably would decline introducing anything into it that would jeopardize its performance capacity as well. And I would stay out of the bars, party buses, avoid large gatherings, and just go straight home after practices and games.
That's quite the story! Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

More than 3,600 U.S. health care workers perished in the first year of the pandemic, according to “Lost on the Frontline,” a 12-month investigation by The Guardian and KHN to track such deaths.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose