2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling Zach a mediocre defender is being nice and he owns it! I have the same concerns for sure!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Screen shot of whole exchange!

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep go on youtube and find the game where Klay hit 14 threes against the Bulls. Zach is "guarding" him on 9 or 10 of them. I'm a UCLA fan but my goodness, I was feeling sorry for him because Klay was locked in and the W's did what you should do, keep doing the same thing until they stop it, Zach never stopped it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are waiving Alfonso McKinnie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a heads up for anyone who cares about Team USA (or is bored as I am)... their next game is tomorrow night @915 pm (Zona time). Probably on peacock again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs sign Australian center Jock Landale.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Georges Niang agrees to sign with 76ers. He is a solid shooter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasan Whiteside agrees to play for Jazz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasan Whiteside agrees to play for Jazz.

ISun’s hysteria aside, I am disappointed that we haven’t gone after a second big hard in FA and if we did, failed to land one. There have been guys who have gone on to sign minimum deals we could have used.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
ISun’s hysteria aside, I am disappointed that we haven’t gone after a second big hard in FA and if we did, failed to land one. There have been guys who have gone on to sign minimum deals we could have used.
I’m guessing that a lot of the signed big men (like Whiteside) aren’t choosing the Suns because they know that quite frankly we have less that 10 minutes of available playing time (at most) at the Center position. A lot of the big men probably are looking for guaranteed minutes instead of the “just in case” minutes the Suns will have available behind Ayton/McGee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some players did take paycuts to play elsewhere. A Finals appearance has not paid the dividends I expected. Still, no time to panic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing that a lot of the signed big men (like Whiteside) aren’t choosing the Suns because they know that quite frankly we have less that 10 minutes of available playing time (at most) at the Center position. A lot of the big men probably are looking for guaranteed minutes instead of the “just in case” minutes the Suns will have available behind Ayton/McGee.

I assume the same thing. Still doesn’t make me crazy about our big man depth moving forward. Crossing fingers, toes and testes that Stix can give them at least spotty minutes of not complete ineptitude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some players did take paycuts to play elsewhere. A Finals appearance has not paid the dividends I expected. Still, no time to panic.
Not panicking at all. I bet Tank comes back and as a regular season big, he proved he at least could be on the court without crapping his pants.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Jazz needed a backup for Gobert as they lost Favors so it's understandable but admittedly the Suns are not making many moves beyond their own players.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We have at least 20 minutes to offer at the 4, though...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not panicking at all. I bet Tank comes back and as a regular season big, he proved he at least could be on the court without crapping his pants.

I'm fine with Kaminsky coming back but the Suns still can use more size and a ball handler.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Jazz needed a backup for Gobert as they lost Favors so it's understandable but admittedly the Suns are not making many moves beyond their own players.

I think we might have to come to terms with the fact that the Suns will be rolling out the team that got blitzkrieged in the last 4 games of the finals, minus Craig and Carter, plus McGee and Shamet.

Ask yourselves honestly, is that roster better than the following, in their current state:

Lakers
Jazz
Nuggets
Mavericks
Blazers
Grizzlies
Pelicans

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And then in the playoffs, he crapped his pants and the entire floor...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think we might have to come to terms with the fact that the Suns will be rolling out the team that got blitzkrieged in the last 4 games of the finals, minus Craig and Carter, plus McGee and Shamet.

Ask yourselves honestly, is that roster better than the following, in their current state:

Lakers
Jazz
Nuggets
Mavericks
Blazers
Grizzlies
Pelicans

None of them have Giannis so yes. I’m still wait & see on how the Lakers gel but those teams don’t scare me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
None of them have Giannis so yes. I’m still wait & see on how the Lakers gel but those teams don’t scare me.

Giannis had a historic Finals, but he didn't beat us by himself. And as bad as he was late in the season, people on this board are forgetting how many games Saric won us earlier in the season as our primary bench scorer, while also forgetting how critical Craig was to our success down the stretch in the regular season once Saric's play fell off.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I assume the same thing. Still doesn’t make me crazy about our big man depth moving forward. Crossing fingers, toes and testes that Stix can give them at least spotty minutes of not complete ineptitude.
I agree, I am guessing that after the money and market (available playing time) dries up we will sign a 3rd big man for depth (cue big man signing in 3…2…1…).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree, I am guessing that after the money and market (available playing time) dries up we will sign a 3rd big man for depth (cue big man signing in 3…2…1…).

Sadly, there aren't any left that are better than the twice-failed Kaminsky.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lakers
Jazz
Nuggets
Mavericks
Blazers
Grizzlies
Pelicans

yes over all but Lakers and even there, that’s assuming the Lakers are healthy. And I think they’ll be better than all those teams because the team that got “blitzkrieged” had a one arm CP3 and ZERO backup big men, while next year’s team will have a healthy CP3 and a legit back-up big man. just like THIS year when we had the second best record in the league. Or did you forget that we also played very well when Nader was getting Craig’s minutes and Craig was only a replacement once Nader went down with injury?

Hell, if you put McGee and Shamet on this year’s Suns team they might have beat the Bucks even WITH a one armed CP3.

Now, ask yourself honestly, after a season where you crapped your pants spectacularly with every dire prediction, are you a Suns fan or just some old man, fatalist troll who can never admit he’s wrong and has nothing better to do with his life than make himself and others on this board miserable.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with that

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Bulls Current Line Up
SG Zack Lavine
PG Lonzo Ball
F Patrick Williams
F Demar Derozan
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
G Coby White
G Alex Caruso
F Troy Brown Jr.
G Ayo Dosunmu
C Marko Simonović

Cap Hold
Lauri Markkanen

Still need a legit backup PF, but this roster looks so different.
They are missing 3rd string PF and C! Lottery for the Bulls

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yes over all but Lakers and even there, that’s assuming the Lakers are healthy. And I think they’ll be better than all those teams because the team that got “blitzkrieged” had a one arm CP3 and ZERO backup big men, while next year’s team will have a healthy CP3 and a legit back-up big man. just like THIS year when we had the second best record in the league. Or did you forget that we also played very well when Nader was getting Craig’s minutes and Craig was only a replacement once Nader went down with injury?

Hell, if you put McGee and Shamet on this year’s Suns team they might have beat the Bucks even WITH a one armed CP3.

Now, ask yourself honestly, after a season where you crapped your pants spectacularly with every dire prediction, are you a Suns fan or just some old man, fatalist troll who can never admit he’s wrong and has nothing better to do with his life than make himself and others on this board miserable.

I won't make this personal the way you are here. I will simply remind you how critical to this team's success Saric was in the first half of the regular season, and how critical to this team's success Craig was in the second half of the regular season. Take those two off the roster for the entire season, and this team probably wins 10-15 fewer games at least.

Now ask yourself: Are McGee and Shamet worth 10-15 wins?

Even if your answer is "yes" (and I don't see how it possibly could be), replicating last year's regular season would also depend on all of the other teams being equally unlucky on the injury front, with none of the other teams improving their rosters.

The fact of the matter is that on the cusp of a championship, the Suns, having lost two critical cogs, are electing to stand pat while every other contender in the West is improving. And in doing so, the Suns are leaving at least $10 million on the table unspent.

I will grant you that in re-signing Paul and Payne and replacing Saric with McGee and Carter with Shamet, the Suns won't be substantively worse. But this close to a championship, and with only a two or three year window to win one with Chris Paul, is anyone here honestly satisfied with "not substantively worse", as opposed to "significantly improved", particularly when other contenders ARE significantly improved?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson