2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With no word on DA and MB extensions and Suns being quiet, it has me wondering if a potential BIG trade being discussed.

Or maybe, like 15 years ago, Sarver just isn't willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Which do you think is more likely?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff Morris agrees to sign with Heat.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With no word on DA and MB extensions and Suns being quiet, it has me wondering if a potential BIG trade being discussed.

As far as I've read only Shai and Trae have signed rookie extensions, both max deals. Trae was a shoo-in for his but Shai's a little surprising except when you look at how other PG's have been paid this offseason. Since neither of our guys are guaranteed max them out, get it done, type of deals, it will take a little more time. Especially when you look at the othrr deals weve signed this offseason. it won't be a quick negotiation for either Bridges or Ayton's camps.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Food for thought. James Johnson signed with Heat.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
As far as I've read only Shai and Trae have signed rookie extensions, both max deals. Trae was a shoo-in for his but Shai's a little surprising except when you look at how other PG's have been paid this offseason. Since neither of our guys are guaranteed max them out, get it done, type of deals, it will take a little more time. Especially when you look at the othrr deals weve signed this offseason. it won't be a quick negotiation for either Bridges or Ayton's camps.
I've seen reports on most of the 2018 class currently having extension discussions.....crickets from the Suns. Just seems eerily quiet as if something might be going on in the background. Rumors of KAT, Kawhi, Siak, etc to go along with a lot of players, Suns were rumored to be interested in signing elsewhere for deals we could've paid. Just an observation and thought

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen reports on most of the 2018 class currently having extension discussions.....crickets from the Suns. Just seems eerily quiet as if something might be going on in the background. Rumors of KAT, Kawhi, Siak, etc to go along with a lot of players, Suns were rumored to be interested in signing elsewhere for deals we could've paid. Just an observation and thought
Everything James Jones has done has been quiet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Priority was CP3 and Payne. We have all offseason to lock in Ayton and Bridges to extensions but couldn't waste time with our own free agents.

I believe Ayton is in the Bahamas right now also. He'll probably return soon to talk about his extension but I read something the other day about how he was spotted working out with Buddy Hield back there. Of course he doesn't need to be present for negotiations but since he'll want a max deal and its not a sure fire thing he'll get it, he should attend negotiations to help assure management he's truly worth it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bulls Current Line Up
SG Zack Lavine
PG Lonzo Ball
F Patrick Williams
F Demar Derozan
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
G Coby White
G Alex Caruso
F Troy Brown Jr.
G Ayo Dosunmu
C Marko Simonović

Cap Hold
Lauri Markkanen

Still need a legit backup PF, but this roster looks so different.
They’ve done a nice job restructuring. Will be interesting to see how it works.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Food for thought. James Johnson signed with Heat.

Winslow, Stanley Johnson, Baynes and Neto are the only ones of these worth pursuing, though who is "TLC"?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Priority was CP3 and Payne. We have all offseason to lock in Ayton and Bridges to extensions but couldn't waste time with our own free agents.

I believe Ayton is in the Bahamas right now also. He'll probably return soon to talk about his extension but I read something the other day about how he was spotted working out with Buddy Hield back there. Of course he doesn't need to be present for negotiations but since he'll want a max deal and its not a sure fire thing he'll get it, he should attend negotiations to help assure management he's truly worth it.

Lol this guy.

If anything it’s just for the photo opp and press conference

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls Current Line Up
SG Zack Lavine
PG Lonzo Ball
F Patrick Williams
F Demar Derozan
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
G Coby White
G Alex Caruso
F Troy Brown Jr.
G Ayo Dosunmu
C Marko Simonović

Cap Hold
Lauri Markkanen

Still need a legit backup PF, but this roster looks so different.

The concern is defense. Zach and Vucevic are great players but they're not very good on defense. Derozan has never been a good defender. Ball and Williams are good defenders but I'm not sure how good you can be with 3 mediocre defenders in your top 5 players?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol this guy.

If anything it’s just for the photo opp and press conference

Really dude? You proved how much you know by swearing there was no way Chris Paul was signing for any less than $46 million and Cam Payne not taking less than the full MLE.

Ok, now tell me how I take things too seriously because I'm tired of your know it all attitude and snark.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really dude? You proved how much you know by swearing there was no way Chris Paul was signing for any less than $46 million and Cam Payne not taking the full MLE.

Ok, now tell me how I take things too seriously because I'm tired of your know it all attitude and snark.
Finito pwned.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The concern is defense. Zach and Vucevic are great players but they're not very good on defense. Derozan has never been a good defender. Ball and Williams are good defenders but I'm not sure how good you can be with 3 mediocre defenders in your top 5 players?
Calling Zach a mediocre defender is being nice and he owns it! I have the same concerns for sure!

Screen shot of whole exchange!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Hill plans to sign with Bucks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really dude? You proved how much you know by swearing there was no way Chris Paul was signing for any less than $46 million and Cam Payne not taking less than the full MLE.

never claimed I knew everything. It’s said we read text and interpret it the way we feel at the time.

you are more than welcome to ignore me. I don’t want to offend you with my opinions you confuse for facts

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He knew you were going to say this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this on Reddit....

The average age of the Lakers is 33.0 years old, which makes them the oldest team in the last 15 years. The closest to them are the 2015-16 Spurs, who average age was 31.6

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perk losing his mind on the Jump saying Carmelo puts the Lakers over the edge.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently John Collins has turned down a 5 year $125 million dollar offer from the Hawks, stating he's a max player. Last season he turned down a 4 year $90 million dollar extension. Seems like he's dead set on that max money. No one can pay it this offseason outside of a sign and trade though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers all come down to one thing... AD’s health. If he’s in shape and injury free in the playoffs, him and LeBron (even at an advanced age) and the rest of their hodge-pudge group of guys are gonna be a really tough out. But that’s a HUGE IF.

I think they’ll be a really good regular season team and a second round knock out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose