Bench
G Coby White
G Alex Caruso
F Troy Brown Jr.
G Ayo Dosunmu
C Marko Simonović

Cap Hold
Lauri Markkanen

Still need a legit backup PF, but this roster looks so different.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls Current Line Up
SG Zack Lavine
PG Lonzo Ball
F Patrick Williams
F Demar Derozan
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
G Coby White
G Alex Caruso
F Troy Brown Jr.
G Ayo Dosunmu
C Marko Simonović

Cap Hold
Lauri Markkanen

Still need a legit backup PF, but this roster looks so different.

I just mentioned elsewhere the Bulls might surprise if it comes together. Lots of talent there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So.

1. Christ Paul goes from one year $40 million to four at $30 million per with 1-2 guaranteed, 3 partially, and 4 a team option. Brilliant move. Way better than expected for the team.
2. Cam Payne--3 years $19 million. Very good move, better than expected for the team.
3. JaVale McGee. 1 year, $5 million. IMO that is a very good deal. McGee will play hard for us and he is a rebounder and shot-blocker.
4. Carter and pick for Shamet. Get a bigger player who has a sweet stroke WAY beyond the three point line. He plays good D too. I am fine with this.

So far so good. I am expecting Kaminsky and Nader back. Not sure where the last ball-handler is going to come from.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.

1. Christ Paul goes from one year $40 million to four at $30 million per with 1-2 guaranteed, 3 partially, and 4 a team option. Brilliant move. Way better than expected for the team.
2. Cam Payne--3 years $19 million. Very good move, better than expected for the team.
3. JaVale McGee. 1 year, $5 million. IMO that is a very good deal. McGee will play hard for us and he is a rebounder and shot-blocker.
4. Carter and pick for Shamet. Get a bigger player who has a sweet stroke WAY beyond the three point line. He plays good D too. I am fine with this.

So far so good. I am expecting Kaminsky and Nader back. Not sure where the last ball-handler is going to come from.

Nader is 2 years at $4.2 million total.

Thread 'Suns free agency recap and going forward' https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/suns-free-agency-recap-and-going-forward.433444/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.

Nader is already back. Could bring back E'twaun for the third ball handler.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And everyone was arguing about if he would fit with the Suns. A team should always makes room for talent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers add another shooter in Kendrick Nunn. Don't players realize that not everyone is going to play.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff Green
Trey Lyles
James Johnson
P.J. Tucker
Semi Ojeleye

Any would have been okay as a back-up to Crowder. Not ideal by any means, but certainly better than playing Cam out of position or playing Stix at all.
Dude rants on and on and on about how Cam Johnson can't play the 4 at all... then proposes THAT list.

You would have would been apocalyptic if we'd signed most of those guys.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude rants on and on and on about how Cam Johnson can't play the 4 at all... then proposes THAT list.

You would have would been apocalyptic if we'd signed most of those guys.

At least they are actual 4s. As I suspected, Cam Johnson's list weight is down to 210 pounds:

At 6'8", that is shooting guard build. The bulk he put up for the bubble (when he was closer to 225 or 230 pounds) is entirely gone. He can't play the 4. He doesn't have the size or strength for it.

And again, I emphasize that I now LIKE Cam Johnson as a small forward off the bench, and that I was wrong about the pick (though I would still have preferred Brandon Clarke).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers add another shooter in Kendrick Nunn. Don't players realize that not everyone is going to play.

Well, once LeBron, AD and Carmelo are out for injury, plenty of playing time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least they are actual 4s. As I suspected, Cam Johnson's list weight is down to 210 pounds:

At 6'8", that is shooting guard build. The bulk he put up for the bubble (when he was closer to 225 or 230 pounds) is entirely gone. He can't play the 4. He doesn't have the size or strength for it.

And again, I emphasize that I now LIKE Cam Johnson as a small forward off the bench, and that I was wrong about the pick (though I would still have preferred Brandon Clarke).
As I suspected... you don't know what you're talking about.

Most of those guys wouldn't even make it out of their warmups on our roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, once LeBron, AD and Carmelo are out for injury, plenty of playing time.

It's amazing. There must be a long line of players that just want to play for the Lakers.

We need the NCAA overseeing the NBA.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect the Lakers to be a total train wreck this year. A bubble team (again). An ancient, injury prone roster with a TON of hard to manage personalities and serious questions about their ability to score outside and defend at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You do realize that Tucker is three inches shorter than Cam Johnson? If PJ Tucker is an acceptible pf how is Jae not? Jae is taller and weights the same or more.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You do realize that Tucker is three inches shorter than Cam Johnson? If PJ Tucker is an acceptible pf how is Jae not? Jae is taller and weights the same or more.

One short PF (wing playing out of position at PF) like Jae is okay, but not if he is literally the only PF on the roster. And Tucker played SF for the Bucks most games last season (with Lopez and Giannis starting in the front court and Portis backing them up). And Tucker doesn't weigh 210 pounds and have problem banging with 2s and 3s, let alone 4s, the way Cam Johnson does. Cam Johnson is very willing to bang. He just can't do it. He doesn't have the bulk or muscle for it, and as we saw between the bubble and last season, his body is not capable of holding the bulk and muscle he needs for it. Ironically, the most notable time the Bucks started Giannis at C was against the Suns, because the Bucks didn't NEED the size to bully the Suns anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Ish Smith.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had a similar discussion with him about Charles Barkley.

I don't know that Barkley would be anywhere near as effective in today's NBA, where much of the front court game is played above the rim.

That being said, Barkley had uncanny strength and a beyond huge rear end that he used to his advantage. Jae has average power forward strength but is hugely undersized and not particularly athletic. That makes him a decent bench player but a very limited starter.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
With no word on DA and MB extensions and Suns being quiet, it has me wondering if a potential BIG trade being discussed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose