2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. Great to have Abdel Nader back. He signs for close to the minimum.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Do you want to start a thread for that? Could always label it Suns signings or something to be a little more vague so it can be used to add other deep bench signings like that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then we are in agreement. I'm trying to compensate for the lack of another power forward by adding a center who seem to be more available. The Suns need more size on their bench.
Not exactly. They need size yes but we don't agree what we should target first. Asking a Power Forward to occasionally play Center is different than asking a Center to play PF. Asking Crowder to play Center when we have small stints of small ball fits within this offensive scheme. There is no scenario where playing two centers is on Monty's offensive set. So, signing another center after McGee has to be secondary to getting a PF to backup Crowder unless you want to depend on STIX. Unless you can find that tweener guy who plays both. He might be out there but Lopez and Kanter are not it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. They need size yes but we don't agree what we should target first. Asking a Power Forward to occasionally play Center is different than asking a Center to play PF. Asking Crowder to play Center when we have small stints of small ball fits within this offensive scheme. There is no scenario where playing two centers is on Monty's offensive set. So, signing another center after McGee has to be secondary to getting a PF unless you can find that tweener guy who plays both. He might be out there but Lopez and Kanter are not it.

I'd target a power forward first as well. However, if you don't have a depth power forward at least you can always keep a center on the court to help compensate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I agree, but I think I would make compromises in other areas. I will take Lopez over Kantor any time, simply because I don't want the worst defender in the league on my team.

Well, that idea is off the table as Lopez signs with Magic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd target a power forward first as well. However, if you don't have a depth power forward at least you can always keep a center on the court to help compensate.
If Monty doesn't play them together I don't see how that is a compensation. We agree though it would be nice to see more depth at both positions. I just hope James Jones is lighting up the phone right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we got the Suns roster up to 12.

How about add a power forward and point guard, then leave the 15th spot open.

Of course a DPE for Saric might create another spot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patty Mills gets paid. I wonder if the Suns were one of those teams interested.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we got the Suns roster up to 12.

How about add a power forward and point guard, then leave the 15th spot open.

Of course a DPE for Saric might create another spot.

That's close to what I expect to happen. Probably a combo forward like Craig and then a 3rd string PG. I wouldn't mind George Hill, but he probably wants a larger role. Who knows. He was 3rd string last year for a good portion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's close to what I expect to happen. Probably a combo forward like Craig and then a 3rd string PG. I wouldn't mind George Hill, but he probably wants a larger role. Who knows. He was 3rd string last year for a good portion.

I'd like a power forward but sometimes it's best available talent that fits the need.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only remaining free agents that interest me even a little are Oladipo and Whiteside.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why? Only reason to not apply for it is if Dario is healthy and ready to play BEFORE June 15th (Game 7 of Finals will be NLT June 17th).

The DPE does NOT count against the cap, so if Saric is out for season it makes ZERO sense not to file for and use it.

One word: Sarver.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only remaining free agents that interest me even a little are Oladipo and Whiteside.

Is Taj Gibson still available? He'd be a nice depth acquisition. I don't see either of those 2 as realistic additions but I'd love to add Oladipo.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Is Taj Gibson still available? He'd be a nice depth acquisition. I don't see either of those 2 as realistic additions but I'd love to add Oladipo.
Re-signed with the Knicks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another 3x5 update.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes Chris Paul's contract look smaller.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose