2021 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
March (April) Madness is just around the corner and the tournament are where legends are made.

Just looking at kids who could help long term after this year.

PG Ayo Dosunmu - 6'5 PG can do it all.

G/F Ron Harper Jr - Big G at 6'5 245. Had a hot start to season but cooled off a bit.

G Franz Wagner - Younger brother of Moritz. Another big G at 6'9. Good all around player but not great in any one area.

C Luka Garza - For those who have not seen him play, think Sabonis / Jokic in terms of offensive skill. Big, strong kid who is arguably best player in CBB but will go late first or somewhere in second round because he is a SR and isn't a quick twitch athlete.

C Charles Bassey - One hell of a defensive player. Needs to continue to develop his shooting range but very active inside.

If we ended up with Dosunmu & Garza, PHX will be adding to their young core pieces to hopefully develop into a long term threat after this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
March (April) Madness is just around the corner and the tournament are where legends are made.

G/F Ron Harper Jr - Big G at 6'5 245. Had a hot start to season but cooled off a bit.

G Franz Wagner - Younger brother of Moritz. Another big G at 6'9. Good all around player but not great in any one area.

C Luka Garza - For those who have not seen him play, think Sabonis / Jokic in terms of offensive skill. Big, strong kid who is arguably best player in CBB but will go late first or somewhere in second round because he is a SR and isn't a quick twitch athlete.

C Charles Bassey - One hell of a defensive player. Needs to continue to develop his shooting range but very active inside.

If we ended up with Dosunmu & Garza, PHX will be adding to their young core pieces to hopefully develop into a long term threat after this year.
Are you taking into consideration that our pick belongs to OKC this year? Nbadraft.net has Dosunmu going 17 and Garza isn’t even listed in either round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you taking into consideration that our pick belongs to OKC this year? Nbadraft.net has Dosunmu going 17 and Garza isn’t even listed in either round.

Suns have their pick in 2021. They traded away a protected 2022 first round draft pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mistake, for some reason I thought we didn’t have the pick this year.

It feels that way because the Suns can't trade their 2021 first draft pick until draft day at the earliest if they wanted too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Definitely going to check out Garza. I don’t get the jokic comp as he only averages 1.7 assists/game.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Definitely going to check out Garza. I don’t get the jokic comp as he only averages 1.7 assists/game.
He is a really good passing big man. Jokic handles the ball a lot in DEN's offense, Luka potentially could be a facilitator but he is the primary scoring option for IOWA.

He can bang in paint, he is a 40% 3pt shooter, can rebound and is a crafty defender. You know the kid is special because IOWA is retiring his jersey after the season, back to back Big 10 POY.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bassey is an interesting one not all that long ago there were rumors he was going to stay for his senior year, wanted his degree etc and then he got hurt again, back stuff this time(had a serious leg injury earlier in his career) and now virtually everyone expects he'll go pro so he can get paid in case the back is a problem. The injuries will probably harm his draft stock but when he was supposed to be staying in school literally everyone was assuming he might use the NCAA free transfer rule to go to a bigger name school.

Over 12 boards and 3.4 blocks, very athletic kid.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida/VT bit of a snoozer.:bigyawn:

Meow the scoring has started to pick up.

We don't speak cat here.

(and I'm enjoying the Florida/Va Tech game now that the pace has picked up a little)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he stays but do people think Johnny Juzang would get drafted if he came out this year? Very skilled kid but needs to get much stronger and must improve his defense. His shot LOOKS perfect but his shooting numbers were actually pretty bad for much of the year. he seems to have figured out good shot vs bad shot of late. Most expect he'll come back to UCLA but he's probably the kid on the team with the best NBA chance given Smith tore his ACL

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2021 NBA Draft will be on July 29th and the lottery June 22nd.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center Neemias Queta of Utah State will reportedly forgo his senior season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OU’s Austin Reaves entering NBA Draft
OU’s Austin Reaves entering NBA Draft

Bob Przybylo • SoonerScoop
Staff Writer

@BPrzybylo

Now here’s a decision from within the Oklahoma basketball program that nobody is shocked about and everybody is happy to see.

Senior guard Austin Reaves told ESPN on Wednesday morning he will not come back for another season and will enter the NBA Draft.

Reaves had the option to return to school because of the COVID-19 eligibility changes allowing seniors to come back for one more year.

Reaves, though, didn’t need to go that route.

“I have decided to declare for the NBA draft and will be hiring an agent in the near future," Reaves told ESPN. “My family and I believe this is the best decision for my future and I'm super excited for the next part of my journey.”

Oklahoma's Austin Reaves declares for the NBA draft, ending his Sooner career (rivals.com)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose