2021 NBA COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd quote this to make sure its here in case it comes up later in the season.

I expect there will be more breakthrough cases not only among NBA players but other vaccinated members of the public because only 56% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect there will be more breakthrough cases not only among NBA players but other vaccinated members of the public because only 56% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated.

I'm sure but at least we know our guys should recover quickly if they do come down with something.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But 73% with at least 1 dose. It helps..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But 73% with at least 1 dose. It helps..

I'm glad to hear it's that high. It's a shame it has taken so long.

I find the link below a handy tracker of the vaccination rate.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it's that high. It's a shame it has taken so long.

I find the link below a handy tracker of the vaccination rate.

Thanks for that link. And to clarify, the 73% is of eligible people, not total population.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyrie can't play home games for Brooklyn because of his vaxx status, is he eligible to play for Brooklyn on the road vs the Knicks?

Just curious and trying to understand the rules.

I also could be wrong but I've heard un vaxxed players can't travel or play in games vs the Raptors in Toronto. Does anyone have info on that since there is International travel involved.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyrie can't play home games for Brooklyn because of his vaxx status, is he eligible to play for Brooklyn on the road vs the Knicks?

Just curious and trying to understand the rules.

I also could be wrong but I've heard un vaxxed players can't travel or play in games vs the Raptors in Toronto. Does anyone have info on that since there is International travel involved.
He can't play in either NY arena, Golden State or Toronto. San Francisco has the mandate, not California.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some info about anyone being unvaxxed vs the Raptors in Canada.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will post this tweet here as well. Kyrie Irving remains unvaccinated against COVID-19.

Nets GM Sean Marks says Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the Nets until he is a full participant.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will post this tweet here as well. Kyrie Irving remains unvaccinated against COVID-19.

Nets GM Sean Marks says Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the Nets until he is a full participant.

Interesting. I assume that means they'll have to pay Kyrie for the games he misses that he could have played?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I assume that means they'll have to pay Kyrie for the games he misses that he could have played?

Indeed. I havn't had time to research the topic. It isn't mandatory for players to be vaccinated so he may have a good case if he is willing to practice and play.

Maybe the Nets are hoping he changes his thinking once the season starts. Of course I don't think he wanted to participate in the Orlando bubble.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far no deaths recorded as a result of the omicron variant. That is good news. It is highly contagious but seems to be at this point much less dangerous. My wife, the biology teacher, said this could be really good news. It could end up having nearly the same impact as a vaccination for anyone who gets it, with the symptoms being similar to the side effects of the vaccines. That's speculation at this point, so precautions should be taken, but at least a little light.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crazy! This was traced back to Vucevic getting it from Embiid and running rampid in the Bulls locker room.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two more Bulls on it, now up to 7 players on the list.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose