2021 Draft Targets

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
If you made me guess right now I think the draft would shake out

1. CB
2. Edge
3. OG

I am not sure they are going to target the TE enough to really make it a premium pick priority.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Jaycee Horn will be our pick. Bet it.
Wouldn't be a bad pick. Interesting to see what we do with cb. I think peterson will be back, Kirkpatrick has been serviceable and maybe just maybee we will get something from Alford.
From a pure talent standpoint TE is probably or weakest position but CB, Pass rusher, oline or even a to FS would be fine in round 1. Wouldn't be surprised if kiem trades down to pick up some more picks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jaycee Horn will be our pick. Bet it.
He fits and should be there. I have been a fan for a while and have a couple posts on here about it.

For me this draft should be about getting bigger, faster and stronger all around. Here are some top 45 guys who I believe do that.

Jaycee Horn - CB - South Carolina
-Some of this is repeating myself. NFL bloodline and his dad was a jerk but also super competitive. I see similar out of Jaycee. He has good size, but where he separates is that he seems to contest almost every pass. He has some Aqib Talib in his game that way.

Pat Freiermuth - TE - Penn St.
-People are probably going to push back most about this guy because of our offense. Here are some things I will push back on. 1. We have seen how much Maxx Williams can mean to this offense, Pat can do similar things in the run game. He is a load on the edge at 6'5 250. 2. We use our TEs about 50 to 60 % of snaps when we have Maxx Williams, Darren Daniels, and Dan Arnold. Add in that Pat is a dynamic pass catcher and I expect to see that role grow as we get a better player at that spot. 3. This team needs to get more physical offensively which is why I would edge Pat over Florida TE Pitts. Being able to push around teams in the NFC West is an area we can gain an edge.

I am going to split these guys up as they do different things. Jones and Oweh are more about getting a future replacement to Chandler Jones.

Patrick Jones - EDGE - Pittsburgh
-More of a polished player who has a little grown man vs kids question. RS SRs can be successful because they have such a physical advantage. This is where I get a little concerned about Jones (similar to the Haason Reddick question coming out). The nice part is that he sets the edge very well from a physical standpoint. He is ok in space and has pretty good rush technique from my viewpoint. Also a decent athletic profile to be a versatile pass rusher.

Jayson Oweh - EDGE - Penn St
-This is a guy I really like but I also understand he is a total project. Total athletic freak of nature. Super young. He is a guy you take knowing he will contribute as a pass rusher right away but will take a bit of time to get the nuance of setting the edge and playing with great technique. If you feel like we are committed to Vance for a while like I am, this is the type of player we need. Physical freaks who can win on their own without help from the scheme. He reminds me of Aldon Smith when he came out of Missouri.

Joseph Ossai - EDGE - Texas
-More of a replacement for Haason Reddick and/or Devon Kennard. Nice athlete off the edge. Strong, quick and explosive off the edge. Nice player who just needs experience and time. I like edge players who can win with speed and strength and I think Ossai can be that type of guy.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
There are some 2nd round OGs who I think can step in and start week 1 and be a long term option at LG.

Rashawn Slater
Josh Myers
Trey Smith

All would give the Cardinals a young and solid OL for the next 3-4 years.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some 2nd round OGs who I think can step in and start week 1 and be a long term option at LG.

Rashawn Slater
Josh Myers
Trey Smith

Didn't we give up our 2nd in the Hop trade?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Rashawn Slater
Josh Myers
Trey Smith

Slater is a good player, but I am becoming less confident that he will make it to round 2.

Early round 2 targets in terms of positions...RB and WR will provide some solid value. Edge may also have some quality dudes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A teams most important needs

QB, Protect the QB, put the other teams QB on his back.

we look set at QB and LT, but Jones isn’t going to be around forever. We need another dominate pass rusher badly

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cards are getting serious returns from their OL coach right now.

Seeing young guys like Murray, Lamont, possibly Jones take steps.

I think Cole and Humphries have taken steps under Kugler.

Just keep investing. Kyler is the single most important part of the franchise.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Slater is a good player, but I am becoming less confident that he will make it to round 2.

Early round 2 targets in terms of positions...RB and WR will provide some solid value. Edge may also have some quality dudes.
I’ll be kind of furious if we go RB in the first 64 picks, even when Drake leaves. I think EDGE will be a good spot there.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't have CB as the biggest need for the team. I see Edge as 2nd and of course O and D lines should always be considered.

Can't believe SK will be able to do much in FA because of how many current players are pending free agents and how much the CAP is going to go down.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't have CB as the biggest need for the team. I see Edge as 2nd and of course O and D lines should always be considered.

Can't believe SK will be able to do much in FA because of how many current players are pending free agents and how much the CAP is going to go down.

It is going to be an interesting year cap wise for sure.

I think they have 1 year at edge.

What I mean by that is you probably have Chandler for another good year. Which means you have a little time to develop someone.

I would almost like to see them spend a 3rd and 5th at edge and see what the coaches can do with that year.

If neither really work it is probably a 1st round need in 2022

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is going to be an interesting year cap wise for sure.

I think they have 1 year at edge.

What I mean by that is you probably have Chandler for another good year. Which means you have a little time to develop someone.

I would almost like to see them spend a 3rd and 5th at edge and see what the coaches can do with that year.

If neither really work it is probably a 1st round need in 2022

I'd be okay with that if we can re-sign Golden and or Reddick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’ll be kind of furious if we go RB in the first 64 picks, even when Drake leaves. I think EDGE will be a good spot there.
End of round 2 has shown to be a nice area to get a very good RB. It is not ideal by any stretch, but as much as this team seems to need to run the ball to unlock the offense, it may pay off solid returns.

Perfect world is probably Jaycee Horn (CB) in round 1, then getting an EDGE player in round 2, and a WR in round 3.

1 - Jaycee Horn - CB
2 - Joseph Assai - EDGE
3 - Tylan Wallace - WR

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
End of round 2 has shown to be a nice area to get a very good RB. It is not ideal by any stretch, but as much as this team seems to need to run the ball to unlock the offense, it may pay off solid returns.

Perfect world is probably Jaycee Horn (CB) in round 1, then getting an EDGE player in round 2, and a WR in round 3.

1 - Jaycee Horn - CB
2 - Joseph Assai - EDGE
3 - Tylan Wallace - WR
I highly doubt Ossai falls that far, but I would love this.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Golden possibly. Reddick is going to get real money.

I dont know about that. With the cap going down and stuff like that...who is breaking the bank for a guy that only showed out modestly in a contract year? He is going to end the year with 8-10 sacks...which is great...but puts him on par with Kennard who got 3 years/20 million...but with an out in the contract after 1 year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like cb in round 1
Pass rusher and WR in round 2 and 3
A guard in round 5
Rb in the 7th round

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member