2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should show the highlights of Patrick Beverley touching a lot of people.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they should show the highlights of Patrick Beverley touching a lot of people.

He better hope he never does anything questionable in the future or he has any questionable relationships lurking in his past because that quote is a nightmare waiting to happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets allow guard Isaia Cordinier to become a free agent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So lets see, Ben Simmons is owed ($33,003,936, $35,448,672, $37,893,408 and $40,338,144) for the next fours seasons with the 76ers.

It must be nice to walk away from that money.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers reportedly interested in working out Monta Ellis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing solid, just rumors. Ben Simmons for Draymond green and Andrew Wiggins is on the table.

Ben Simmons is worth more than that even with added draft picks.

Maybe Draymond Green gets traded to a third team as the 76ers have Embiid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ben Simmons is worth more than that even with added draft picks.

Maybe Draymond Green gets traded to a third team as the 76ers have Embiid.

Draymond would fit nicely with Embiid. They wouldn't need to move him elsewhere. He could run the offense and help alleviate playmaking duties from whoever their next PG is. Not an ideal trade but decent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond would fit nicely with Embiid. They wouldn't need to move him elsewhere. He could run the offense and help alleviate playmaking duties from whoever their next PG is. Not an ideal trade but decent.

I guess I was looking at it from the 76ers perspective. I'd want a point guard and some young assets in return. Draymond Green might well work but it would have to be a much bigger trade to get the salaries of Green and Wiggins to match. Maybe the 76ers get their point guard elsewhere in a multi-team trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't know who that deal would help most but I can't see it turning either team into a postseason winner. Draymond and Ben are far more alike than different (on the court) so if Philly really is trying to move away from the difficulties of pairing Embiid with a PF that can't space the court, this move doesn't seem like a step up for them.

From a distance it seems to me that Draymond is at his best when surrounded by a lot of offensive weapons and seems to struggle when that isn't the case. Wiggins has improved but I doubt he'll ever be more than a borderline starter. Ben is by far the biggest talent of the three but he's a prima donna that isn't willing to work to improve his game and winning hasn't been a priority for him.

I'm not sure either team improves but it's the kind of trade that could easily backfire for both teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Though draymond would be a nice fit on that sixers squad.

I suspect the proposed trade would be a multi-team affair with the 76ers picking out the choice pieces. Maybe we are only hearing about some of the pieces.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there were rules concerning training camp. I guess not as Lebron organizes a minicamp this weekend in Las Vegas before training camp.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves dismiss GM Gersson Rosas.