2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cj McColllum to the Pacers would be great for both teams. Blazers get help at pf and Pacers get a guard who can score. I'm just wondering what the collapsed lung means for his tradeability.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading as much as I could of the article, this is exactly what I would do.

Hanging on to him is the same short-sighted move the Suns made trying to rebuild around Nash when Amare left. Sell high when you can, especially because it’s not like the Dame era has even been all that successful. Romanticizing/clinging to an era that got to... one WCF in like 8 years makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hanging on to him is the same short-sighted move the Suns made trying to rebuild around Nash when Amare left. Sell high when you can, especially because it’s not like the Dame era has even been all that successful. Romanticizing/clinging to an era that got to... one WCF in like 8 years makes no sense to me.

Unfortunately the Suns didn't have the right GM to rebuild.

At least Steve Nash didn't make outrageous demands.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Blazers should go full OKC. Fire sale. Start racking up draft picks and taking in big contracts to trade away for more picks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blazers should go full OKC. Fire sale. Start racking up draft picks and taking in big contracts to trade away for more picks.
This. You can't build a team with that much rapped into an aging star and Mr. Hesitation. Sell as high as you can and stockpile picks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm still trying to figure out what OKC is doing with all those picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what OKC is doing with all those picks.

They tried to trade up for Cade this year. I don't know what they were offering but I imagine they'll continue trying to trade up, probably more aggressively. They need a franchise player to build around and Shai isn't that, although he makes for a really good #2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pure speculation but perhaps they've just been positioning themselves to sell in the next few years.
They tried to trade up for Cade this year. I don't know what they were offering but I imagine they'll continue trying to trade up, probably more aggressively. They need a franchise player to build around and Shai isn't that, although he makes for a really good #2.

It's hard to say.

Maybe they are hoping some of those higher picks they own get better (when a team falters) or they are wating for the right player to fall in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacers coach Rick Carlisle enters health and safety protocols.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelicans lose Kira Lewis Jr. for season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A depleted Grizzlies team beat the Lakers tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-
Dr Buss rolling in his grave watching this fraud team of stars.

Barkley called out AD and pretty much everybody in the media agreed with him.

I think AD might be the most frustrating player to be a fan of in all the NBA. 27 years old smack in his prime and it’s like he just doesn’t want it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
Dr Buss rolling in his grave watching this fraud team of stars.

This is great. For two days, the Lakers media on the radio were hailing beating the Brown-less Celtics as “the best win of the season” and undoubtedly the beginning of the turnaround and showing their ability to turn it on when they need to which they’ll do in the playoffs.

Then last night happened. Looking forward to hearing their moaning/excuses today!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look out but here comes the Jazz again. I know the prevailing thought by many fans is focusing on Golden State and rightfully so. However, the Jazz? Even though we beat them last year look out. They have also improved. Currently they have the eighth-highest mark in scoring average of all-time which is better than they were playing offensively last season. In terms of efficiency, they are currently third-best offense in NBA history. Only the 03-04 Mavs and the 04-05 Suns did it better. The Jazz are only 3 games back from the Suns and Golden State and riding a 6 game win streak. This is officially a 3 way race to the top in the Western Conference right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great. For two days, the Lakers media on the radio were hailing beating the Brown-less Celtics as “the best win of the season” and undoubtedly the beginning of the turnaround and showing their ability to turn it on when they need to which they’ll do in the playoffs.

Then last night happened. Looking forward to hearing their moaning/excuses today!
They're just taking a page from the Dallas Cowboy fans playbook. It least they have a little more recent history to support their passionate delusions.

I don't watch Memphis often but from a distance Ja Morant looks like a superstar, or at least on the way to being one, so it's interesting to see how much better that team has played without him this season. The Grizzlies are 7-10 when he plays, 8-1 when he doesn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard