2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen that before. Draymond flattens Gary Harris on a screen, Harris gets up and starts berating the ref, the Warriors swing teh ball to Curry who swishes a 3 as they call the T. Cole Anthony gets a T for arguing, apparently they called a 2nd T on the Coach Mosley. I honestly thought they called the T on harris and it seemed like it was a split second before Steph shot the ball but apparently they said the T was on Anthony not Harris. So Steph makes both FT's 5 point play. Magic turn it over Wiggins hits a 3, 8 points in 20 seconds

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ McConnell had surgery on right hand and could miss the remainder of season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers are having a tough time of it.

CJ McCollum is reported to have a collapsed right lung and will be further evaluated.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers are having a tough time of it.

CJ McCollum is reported to have a collapsed right lung and will be further evaluated.

I looked that up and it sounds serious especially for someone who is an athlete

What are the odds Portland just blows it up.

Would you give multiple picks for Nurkić? Dario and Stix match money wise

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the odds of Portland blowing it up are pretty good.

I'm having a harder time understanding why the Pacers would rebuild. They have some serious talent.

No I wouldn't give multiple picks for Nurkic.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the odds of Portland blowing it up are pretty good.

I'm having a harder time understanding why the Pacers would rebuild. They have some serious talent.

I look at that team and they should of just been so much better. I really like Sabonis, brogdon and Turner

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why would we want Nurkic? Unless you think that DA could play PF next to him I don't think he makes us much better at all and he's not going to come cheap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at that team and they should of just been so much better. I really like Sabonis, brogdon and Turner

These are my thoughts. I'm not familiar with their particular situation but the right GM and coach should be able to solve it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would we want Nurkic? Unless you think that DA could play PF next to him I don't think he makes us much better at all and he's not going to come cheap.

Because I think it’s very clear GS is going to be waiting for us and if you can just send waves of good bigs at them then that’s the best chance we got.

I’d love to see a Nurkić/Ayton line up against GS

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are my thoughts. I'm not familiar with their situation but the right GM and coach should be able to solve it.
I know they've had a lot of injuries the last couple of years and while I don't watch them much, I know that most teams have struggled playing 2 big men at the same time. It works for a short while but then teams start game-planning for it and they typically get exposed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I think it’s very clear GS is going to be waiting for us and if you can just send waves of good bigs at them then that’s the best chance we got.

I’d love to see a Nurkić/Ayton line up against GS
I think we get run off the court with that pairing unless DA can become a real threat from the 3 point line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they've had a lot of injuries the last couple of years and while I don't watch them much, I know that most teams have struggled playing 2 big men at the same time. It works for a short while but then teams start game-planning for it and they typically get exposed.

Player personnel wise, I don't think the Pacers have a problem that can't be fixed by a trade. A rebuild sounds like a reach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we get run off the court with that pairing unless DA can become a real threat from the 3 point line.

I was a huge Nurkic fan. When the Trail Blazers traded for him I thought they made out like bandits. I guess injuries have set him back.

Agree, a lineup of Nurkic and Ayton is unlikely to work.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No.

we don’t need another center, unless you intend to get rid of ayton, which would be really stupid imo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading the initial part of this ESPN+ article, I'm not sure rebuilding around Damian Lillard and paying him all the money he might want in an extension is a good idea.

And seriously the idea of trading CJ McCollum and four first round picks for Ben Simmons?

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Senior NBA Insider:

Lillard wants a two-year, $107 million extension in July, and he and his agent need the next general manager to sell ownership on the idea. As much as anything, this cuts to the core of the Blazers' search process. His desire for an extension into his advanced NBA years has turned into a battle for the franchise's future, an existential threat to reshaping and redirecting the organization in a post-playoff reality.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls have four players in health and safety protocols.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja Morant enters health and safety protocols.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading the initial part of this ESPN+ article, I'm not sure rebuilding around Damian Lillard and paying him all the money he might want in an extension is a good idea.

And seriously the idea of trading CJ McCollum and four first round picks for Ben Simmons?

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Senior NBA Insider:

Lillard wants a two-year, $107 million extension in July, and he and his agent need the next general manager to sell ownership on the idea. As much as anything, this cuts to the core of the Blazers' search process. His desire for an extension into his advanced NBA years has turned into a battle for the franchise's future, an existential threat to reshaping and redirecting the organization in a post-playoff reality.

That team needs to trade Dame and rebuild.