Reaction score
They got
Fox
Halliburton
Barnes
Holmes
Mitchel

That’s good young talent
Fox is the only real difference maker at this point. Halliburton has potential but isn’t close to reaching it. Barnes would be a nice 4th piece on a contender. Holmes and Mitchell are good role players.

That ain’t a lot of talent, IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron ejected against Pistons after things got physical.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with Isaiah Stewart.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Holy smokes...

Any footage of the hit?
Here's a Sports Wars video of Ryan reacting to it. There's a couple clips of it. The top of the backboard camera shot really looks like LeBron threw the punch/elbow intentionally. From that shot it looks like LeBron has a suspension in his future.

As a Suns fan, there also better be a bunch of Pistons and Lakers suspended for leaving the bench. Lots of guys were on the floor and interacting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron should feel lucky Isaiah Stewart didn't get a hold of him. I can't remember seeing a player getting this angry.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's a Sports Wars video of Ryan reacting to it. There's a couple clips of it. The top of the backboard camera shot really looks like LeBron threw the punch/elbow intentionally. From that shot it looks like LeBron has a suspension in his future.

As a Suns fan, there also better be a bunch of Pistons and Lakers suspended for leaving the bench. Lots of guys were on the floor and interacting.

It was definitely intentional. It may not be a punch. But it’s easily the equivalent. But Lebron will get the double standard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Stewart was going to get to Lebron...

I was too but I'm glad he didn't. Stewart was ready for a serious fight.

I'd hate to see a young player like that banned from the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per reports, Alvin Gentry will become the Kings interim head coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nicolas Batum enters health and safety protocols.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Michael Porter JR might miss the rest of the season according to reports…nerve issues in his back. Would be a tough blow for the Nuggets without Murray still. Ouch

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
Stupid contract buy at least he got paid.

This is a blow to the Nuggets no doubt, even more so with Jamal Murray still out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-

All those back surgeries before he ever stepped on an NBA court. His entire career is just a matter of time.

And I feel for him. Millions or not, I know what it feels like having multiple back surgeries at a young age. You’re never the same and if he’s got nerve damage back there also? Been there, still there, will always be there and it’s a bitch. A manageable bitch, but a bitch forever.

And that’s from someone who’s body didn’t take a pounding like his does. Sure, he probably has the best medical team money can buy, but I’ve seen some of the best in the country and gone to award winning physical therapists. When your back’s mucked up, it’s mucked up no matter how much money you throw at it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Porter JR might miss the rest of the season according to reports…nerve issues in his back. Would be a tough blow for the Nuggets without Murray still. Ouch
-
Like @cheesebeef said, the red flags were everywhere. The guy would have gone #1 if not for some serious back issues that I suspect made him undraftable by several teams.

I've got some vertebra fused myself, had it done in my late teens, most of the time I feel fine but about once every few years some minor movement makes my back totally clinch up. I feel for the kid. A cautionary tale for the Nuggets and good on MPJ for getting paid before his (inevitable in my opinion) back issues flared up again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any predictions on suspension lengths for tonight's LeBron drama?

My guess is that LBJ gets 1 game and Stewart gets... 6.

Also, I think if James were a run of the mill player he would get at least 2, and Stewart would get like... 10. I think Stewart will be spared a harsher punishment because James will also be given far less than deserved.

Rondo also has to get a game, I don't know how many players left the bench but Rondo was waaaaay out there. If he doesn't it is ridiculous.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any predictions on suspension lengths for tonight's LeBron drama?

My guess is that LBJ gets 1 game and Stewart gets... 6.

Also, I think if James were a run of the mill player he would get at least 2, and Stewart would get like... 10. I think Stewart will be spared a harsher punishment because James will also be given far less than deserved.
Not that I know what I'm talking about but 10 games seems harsh. He didn't really "instigate" as is often the situation. He manhandled Lebron to the point James got pissed and went ballistic. But if the refs are going to allow that kind of physicality, that's on the league not Beef Stew.

And he didn't throw a punch, at least not that I saw. He didn't leave the court timely and he struggled against anyone and everyone that tried to contain him so he'll definitely get hit but I think it will be no more than 3 or 4 games. But we'll see.

Lebron should only get one game IMO, just like Jokic.

Not that the league or many others will see it this way but I can understand and even somewhat justify Lebron, Jokic AND Stewarts actions more than I can the cheap shot by Markieff.

Those other guys all reacted out of anger/frustration in the heat of the moment - Markieff made a conscious decision to cheap shot a player and he only got fined (no games lost except for some karmic consequences in the form of whiplash).

But no matter what they decide, this was mostly the result of a choice made by the league. I heard the Assistant Commissioner say just a week ago that they were pleased with the increased physical play since they are convinced that fans want more of it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that I know what I'm talking about but 10 games seems harsh. He didn't really "instigate" as is often the situation. He manhandled Lebron to the point James got pissed and went ballistic. But if the refs are going to allow that kind of physicality, that's on the league not Beef Stew.

And he didn't throw a punch, at least not that I saw. He didn't leave the court timely and he struggled against anyone and everyone that tried to contain him so he'll definitely get hit but I think it will be no more than 3 or 4 games. But we'll see.

Lebron should only get one game IMO, just like Jokic.

Not that the league or many others will see it this way but I can understand and even somewhat justify Lebron, Jokic AND Stewarts actions more than I can the cheap shot by Markieff.

Those other guys all reacted out of anger/frustration in the heat of the moment - Markieff made a conscious decision to cheap shot a player and he only got fined (no games lost except for some karmic consequences in the form of whiplash).

But no matter what they decide, this was mostly the result of a choice made by the league. I heard the Assistant Commissioner say just a week ago that they were pleased with the increased physical play since they are convinced that fans want more of it.
My thought on the excessive length for Stewart is because of his "I'm calm, I'm calm" routine, followed by him bull dozing several people, some of whom looked like NBA security, which he did twice.

The NBA might prove me wildly wrong, but while LeBron was very unsportsman like, Stewart went full blown crazy. LeBron started it but guys take dirty hits in this league, I wish the league cracked down in it harsher, but players can't respond to a dirty play by running around for 5 minutes acting like you want to kill someone and steam rolling anyone in the way. The NBA is lucky that "the malice in the palace 2.0" didn't happen tonight, if the Pistons were losing by 12 instead of winning by 12, I suspect it could have. The league just can't allow that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
My thought on the excessive length for Stewart is because of his "I'm calm, I'm calm" routine, followed by him bull dozing several people, some of whom looked like NBA security, which he did twice.

The NBA might prove me wildly wrong, but while LeBron was very unsportsman like, Stewart went full blown crazy. LeBron started it but guys take dirty hits in this league, I wish the league cracked down in it harsher, but players can't respond to a dirty play by running around for 5 minutes acting like you want to kill someone and steam rolling anyone in the way. The NBA is lucky that "the malice in the palace 2.0" didn't happen tonight, if the Pistons were losing by 12 instead of winning by 12, I suspect it could have. The league just can't allow that.
Don’t know that I would call it a routine. He probably was set off once he realized he had blood streaming down his face.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort