2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry will be sidelined indefinitely with a sprained ligament in left foot. It sounds like it could have been worse.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry will be sidelined indefinitely with a sprained ligament in left foot. It sounds like it could have been worse.

Better outcome than I feared

Kerr said he got mad at Smart and yelled at him but that had talked it out after the game and are good. The Curry one was not a dirty play at all the flagrant on Klay was the one that was borderline dirty.

I hope Steph is back soon but I guess this is the issue with him, Klay and Draymond they're not getting any younger.

Man I hope Payton gets back soon, Damion Lee has fallen off a cliff and with Curry and probably Moody out they need Payton

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better outcome than I feared

Kerr said he got mad at Smart and yelled at him but that had talked it out after the game and are good. The Curry one was not a dirty play at all the flagrant on Klay was the one that was borderline dirty.

I hope Steph is back soon but I guess this is the issue with him, Klay and Draymond they're not getting any younger.

Man I hope Payton gets back soon, Damion Lee has fallen off a cliff and with Curry and probably Moody out they need Payton

I saw the video on the collision between Curry and Smart. It didn't look like a dirty play to me either but I can understand Kerr being upset. Nobody wants to lose their star point guard. I missed the flagrant on Klay Thompson as I didn't watch the game live.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith

If you haven't seen this. Curry expected back for playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the video on the collision between Curry and Smart. It didn't look like a dirty play to me either but I can understand Kerr being upset. Nobody wants to lose their star point guard. I missed the flagrant on Klay Thompson as I didn't watch the game live.

The flagrant on Klay is the same play. After Smart gets up the ball goes downcourt to Klay who pumpfakes, Smart leaves his feet and for some odd reason both his feet are lifted up so he actually catches Klay chest level with one of his feet. Smart went down and he was limping too. Very weird play the refs reviewed it called it a flagrant 1 because it was a non basketball dangerous play. Klay was fine.

It was after that everyone realized Steph was hurt

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flagrant on Klay is the same play. After Smart gets up the ball goes downcourt to Klay who pumpfakes, Smart leaves his feet and for some odd reason both his feet are lifted up so he actually catches Klay chest level with one of his feet. Smart went down and he was limping too. Very weird play the refs reviewed it called it a flagrant 1 because it was a non basketball dangerous play. Klay was fine.

It was after that everyone realized Steph was hurt

The feet in the air by Smart looked totally unnatural when they struck Thompson. IMO, he should have been ejected and suspended.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was kind of Curry's fault he didn't get down and dirty for that loose ball, Smart was just more aggressive.
Watch video at 1:03 mark.

The karate kick was a non basketball flagrant for sure.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't care if he ever gets better.
To hell with Steph the GSW and the fans.
It's a good thing they have another All Star in Wiggins. Bwahahahahahahha!
F GSW

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Heard one of those twitter docs say recovery from foot injury is difficult to project because there’s so many joints, tendons and ligaments. You wonder looking at the replay if he got rolled into higher his ankle protectors would’ve prevented the seriousness of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren will sit out the remainder of this season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That turned into a good trade by James Jones after all.

It really was a good trade. It's funny how much hate JJ got for that considering if he got an expiring contract back rather than cap space, it would have been received better. It was essentially trading Warren for Rubio, which ended up netting us CP3.

IIRC Rubio was rumored to be going to Indiana. I wonder if JJ made a handshake deal for the Pacers to let him sign with us. They ended up with Brogdan but he was more expensive and restricted at the time.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Shannon Sharpe was right the other day when he said that at best the Lakers are going to one more game, the rest of the season. woof.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just shut down AD try again next year. It’s to far gone now.
The Lakers are not going anywhere this way. They need to trade both LeBron and AD and rebuild from scratch. Who knows. Maybe they could pick up a few decent young players like DeAngelo Russell, Lonzo Ball, Julius Randle, and Brandon Ingram. That would be a nice young core to start with. Maybe get back a few picks too.

Take that young core and add an energetic defensive center like JaVale McGee and you would have a competitive team with a future. Better than what they have now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose