2020 Draft Players Consensus Rankings

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
A few years ago I created a spreadsheet and formula to determine the consensus of player rankings for the draft. I realized that by just following a single draft site or two that I would be influenced by their particular rankings even if the particular site was on an island with their views. By having the consensus it helped me to focus on certain players. Basically the formula is just the average ranking but I have negated each players highest and lowest ranking on the compilation of sites (that way a single sites extreme love or hate for a player won’t significantly alter the ranking). The current rankings were compiled from what I consider the top 3 draft sites (nbadraft.net, talkathon, and nbadraftroom) and the top 3 experts in the industry (ESPN, CBSSports, The Athletic). I may add some more at some point. There is a pretty tight consensus on the top 3, then another cluster at 4-9, then a slight separation to Cole at 10, another slight separation to RJ Hampton at 11, and then another tight consensus from 12-16, and then another gap. I like to “tier” out draft prospects so I find these types of numbers interesting.

1.75 Anthony Edwards
2.00 LeMelo Ball
3.00 James Wiseman
5.00 Onyeka Okongwu
5.25 Obi Toppin
6.25 Deni Avdija
6.75 Killian Hayes
8.00 Tyrese Haliburton
8.25 Isaac Okoro
10.50 Cole Anthony
12.25 RJ Hampton
15.00 Devin Vessel
16.00 Tyrese Maxey
16.00 Saddiq Bey
16.25 Precious Achiuwa
16.50 Theo Maledon
20.00 Aaron Nesmith
20.50 Josh Green
21.00 Patrick Williams
21.25 Jaden McDaniels
22.75 Nico Mannion
24.00 Isaiah Stewart
24.25 Vernon Carey Jr
25.25 Kira Lewis Jr
25.50 Jahmi’us Ramsey
26.00 Jalen Smith

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see a top 3 and another tier after that extending to 8-9. Then I think there are a lot of players graded lower who could move up.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
I can see a top 3 and another tier after that extending to 8-9. Then I think there are a lot of players graded lower who could move up.
It will be interesting how much opportunity a player will have to move up or move down. Who knows what the workouts will look like during the pandemic. On a good note, I would be perfectly happy with any of the top 10 people from the list.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting how much opportunity a player will have to move up or move down. Who knows what the workouts will look like during the pandemic. On a good note, I would be perfectly happy with any of the top 10 people from the list.

I'd even be happy with players outside the top 10 on the list. A team with a good scouting department will have the advantage drafting later. Lots of intriguing men in the draft.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
I'd even be happy with players outside the top 10 on the list. A team with a good scouting department will have the advantage drafting later. Lots of intriguing men in the draft.
Depending how the top 9 fall, this would definitely be a decent year to repeat 2019 and trade back while acquiring a veteran piece.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending how the top 9 fall, this would definitely be a decent year to repeat 2019 and trade back while acquiring a veteran piece.

The last two drafts I'm beginning to think it's more like a football draft because I'm thinking trade downs. Maybe Jones will make it a more likely thing to do.

I do think the talent is there later maybe more so than the 2019 draft. I wouldn't mind adding a veteran or a second round pick to draft a player like Pritchard.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have Maledon and Achiuwa higher on my draft board than the consensus draft. I'm more skeptical regarding Hayes than mock drafts are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose