2020 ARZ Offseason

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have a MLB Offseason thread, let use this one to track ARZ moves.

ARZ is at a crossroads IMO. They can either go in house to fill spots in bullpen and CF or they can sign stop gaps and hope they get us going in the right direction until our talented prospects still in A & AA are ready for the show.

ARZ has been linked to Jackie Bradley Jr since the trade deadline and he had a pretty good year but now BOS seems interested in bringing him back.

There are some SP's who might be worth a flyers:
Alex Wood - Injuries have robbed him of most of the last two years. Looked good in WS after a down regular season regulated to bullpen. We know him well as he pitched well for LA before being dealt to CIN where he struggled with a back injury that kept him out most of the year. Could have a bounce back year.

Chris Archer - Looks like he is getting old despite only being 32. Never regained his early career success after being dealt to PIT. He could very well be washed up but he could be a low risk high reward signing if he can bounce back to his early TB days.

INF options should they consider moving Ketel Marte back to CF:
Cesar Hernandez - Solid 2B who is coming off a good year with CLE after a solid tenure with PHI. GG defender who put up nice offensive numbers throughout his career.

Jonathan Schoop - Had a nice year with DET and could be looking at his 4th team in 4 years but could add some pop with his bat to the lineup. Only 29 years old so still in his prime.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sod Poodles?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Wiser

@OutfieldGrass24

·
11s

The D-backs select Tyler Gilbert, LHP, from the Dodgers'' AA roster. Gilbert is 26 and came up with the Phillies, and is a fly-ball oriented reliever. This selection is for the AAA portion of the Rule 5 Draft, fyi.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Prairie Dog

Man, I guess I have a ton of "sod poodles" in my yard. :mad:. Been trying to get rid of them for years. I think I finally found the solution towards the end of the summer, though. Will be an ongoing battle starting up again in the spring.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
No surprise. Last year was the All In but it failed and KK is reluctant to spend that kind of money again, IMO. I think the plan now is to stay in Top 5 draft land for next few years and try to build team that way, much to the fans dismay.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No surprise. Last year was the All In but it failed and KK is reluctant to spend that kind of money again, IMO. I think the plan now is to stay in Top 5 draft land for next few years and try to build team that way, much to the fans dismay.

I don't think they are bad enough to land in top 5 territory. They cannot compete with Dodgers or Padres and they aren't Pirates or Rangers bad either.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think they are bad enough to land in top 5 territory. They cannot compete with Dodgers or Padres and they aren't Pirates or Rangers bad either.
Oh I don't know about that this upcoming year. We have holes at CF and closer and he rotation has question marks. With no significant offseason acquisitions this team can easily be worse than last year.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can see a lot of one year deals for guys since the FA market is slow to heat up. Pretty soon guys are gonna be scrambling to find jobs IMO .

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro
⁦‪@nickpiecoro‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The Diamondbacks have signed the following players to minor league contracts: C Bryan Holaday, RHP Seth Frankoff, RHP Bradley Roney, LHP Sam Moll, OF Drew Weeks, 2B Christian Lopes, C Jamie Ritchie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose