2019 Offseason

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Starling Marte Open To Being Traded To Contending Team
With the Pirates coming off a disappointing season and new general manager Ben Cherington now in charge of the organization, there has been wide speculation that a rebuild could be coming in Pittsburgh. This would naturally make Starling Marte into a trade candidate, and the center fielder indicated in a conversation with Hector Gomez of Deportivo Z 101 (Twitter links) that he wants to be play for a winning team in 2020, in Pittsburgh or elsewhere.

The Pirates “have the power to decide about my future,” Marte said. “If it was for me I will leave for a team that is ready to compete right now on a World Series and that’s not our case.” When asked specifically about the Mets, who have a need in center field and have already reportedly shown interest in Marte’s services, Marte said that “it will be an honor to play with them,” since New York is more poised to contend next season.

It should be noted that these comments fall short of any actual trade request; needless to say, virtually every player would prefer to player for a contender, all things considered. Marte doesn’t appear to have any hard feelings about the Pirates or his situation, noting that “if it [a trade] doesn’t happen, I will keep working hard and giving my team all I have.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/starling-marte-open-to-being-traded-to-contending-team.html

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
At this point, MadBum is just an older version of Ray, and he's going to the Braves or Yankees, anyway.
I hope so. It's time to look ahead, not back.

Moving Randy made that clear.

Unfortunately, Robbie was not the answer.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point, MadBum is just an older version of Ray, and he's going to the Braves or Yankees, anyway.
Yankees are all in for Cole now that the Angels have dropped out of the race. As article mentions, ARZ, ATL & SD are the favorites but if NY misses out on Cole then Bumgardner may pop up on their radar but article mentions he may not want to go to AL.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yankees are all in for Cole now that the Angels have dropped out of the race. As article mentions, ARZ, ATL & SD are the favorites but if NY misses out on Cole then Bumgardner may pop up on their radar but article mentions he may not want to go to AL.

With his hitting ability, who can blame him, and if that's the case, the Braves are the prohibitive favorite.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brewers Willing To Listen On Josh Hader Trade
Brewers’ star reliever Josh Hader is “available” in trade, reports the Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal. While Rosenthal indicates that no deal is close, Hader’s inclusion on the trade market could make for one of the more fascinating storylines of the coming months.

The 25-year-old southpaw has emerged as perhaps the best reliever in baseball since making his MLB debut in 2017. For his career, Hader has tossed 204.2 relief innings with a 2.42 ERA and an otherworldly 44.6% strikeout rate. Working without a set role and capable of handling multiple innings in an outing, Hader has exceeded 75 innings each of the last two seasons, all the while recording dominant strikeout numbers.

If there’s a blemish on Hader’s resume, he was a bit home run prone in 2019. He was hardly unique in that regard, of course, but Hader’s 15 home runs allowed pushed his ERA to a career-worst (albeit still stellar) 2.62. That’s not to diminish, though, just how dominant Hader has been. His 47.8% strikeout rate last year was easily the league’s best (minimum 50 innings); the 6.1 percentage point gap between Hader and second-place Nick Anderson equaled the gap between Anderson and fifteenth-place Chris Sale.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/brewers-willing-to-listen-on-josh-hader-trade.html