2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like an achilles. If so huge sacrifice from KD. A lot of people were giving him crap for not coming back sooner. If he tore his achilles, that is unreal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

that's his calf popping. there's a reason it's called an achilles heel... because the ligament is basically right above the heel.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that's his calf popping. there's a reason it's called an achilles heel... because the ligament is basically right above the heel.

I've seen this in football and that recoil is the achilles rupturing/tearing and releasing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowry had a WIDE-OPEN look from 3 to make a 6 point game again with 1:30 left. You HAVE to make that shot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he did tear his achilles then the Warriors medical staff deserves a lot of scrutiny. You'd have to think it was partially torn and they missed it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yeah... I'll take the opinion of an orthopedic surgeon over whatever you've "seen".

The calf muscle is held in place by the achillies tendon. If it tore completely then you'd absolutely see the calf muscle flutter around like that. But... that also could just be his leg spasm as he felt his calf pull.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When KD opts out in Oakland, they are WAY under the cap. They don't have to resign Klay. We could be looking at a totally different team next year.

That's not going to happen. They would need to renounce the rights to Klay to have any space and doing that will piss off their fan base quite a bit. They're moving to a new arena in a new city next year, they can't risk things by doing something like that. It would be dumb for them to try to pull something like also because the team with Steph, Klay, and Draymond is a title contender still. Without Durant they're not favorites to win it all anymore but they're still the team beat in the west.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am looking and KD has a player option for $31,500,000 this next season. If he is injured, why wouldn't he just pick up his option?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The calf muscle is held in place by the achillies tendon. If it tore completely then you'd absolutely see the calf muscle flutter around like that. But... that also could just be his leg spasm as he felt his calf pull.

When I tore my Achilles, the orthopedic surgeon diagnosed it easily. The conversation went like this:

Doctor: Can you walk on your heels?
Me: (confidently walks around on heels)
Doctor: Can you walk on your tiptoes?
Me: (contemplates walking on tiptoes, realizes it's clearly impossible, shrugs)
Doctor: Your Achilles is gone.

So either my doctor was wrong (seems unlikely), or he got lucky, or diagnosing a torn Achilles is simple.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am looking and KD has a player option for $31,500,000 this next season. If he is injured, why wouldn't he just pick up his option?

Hell no. Him being hurt won't change the amount of suitors. The only thing it might effect is how teams that pursue him plan to build around him. Such as... if he tore his achillies and will likely miss most of next year then a team like the Knicks would probably try to sign him and sit on the rest of their cap space, pile up more picks and wait to try to make a contender until next summer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hell no. Him being hurt won't change the amount of suitors. The only thing it might effect is how teams that pursue him plan to build around him. Such as... if he tore his achillies and will likely miss most of next year then a team like the Knicks would probably try to sign him and sit on the rest of their cap space, pile up more picks and wait to try to make a contender until next summer.
That's why I asked. :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I tore my Achilles, the orthopedic surgeon diagnosed it easily. The conversation went like this:

So either my doctor was wrong (seems unlikely), or he got lucky, or diagnosing a torn Achilles is simple.

Haha, I don't doubt your doctor, but we have not heard anything from the Warriors yet.

If he did tear it all the way then I think the Warriors doctors must have missed a partial tear last month.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toronto fudged that final possession...no reason to be going for a contested 3 down by 1 with 13 seconds on the clock.

I couldn't figure out why the Warriors didn't foul either they had 1 to give?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he did tear his achilles... MAN... what a blow! That puts him out pretty much all of next season. And if you're the Knicks, after getting burned BAD by their last big FA signing, getting Amare at the Max and only one good season out of him before his knee when bye bye, do you really double down on KD, who likely misses the season and comes back at 31 off a devastating injury?

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kerr not saying anything during that press conference and deferring all KD questions to the GM, who is supposed to come out later, is odd. That injury has to be more than just reaggravating his existing injury.

If it is his achilles then I think he'll pick up the player option and stick around to get paid on Golden State's dime.

That would certainly change this offseason quite a bit, whether he stays or not, if it is his achilles or something more serious.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I had an old country doctor in NV and he would do stuff like that. I thought I broke my hip, and he proved it was my sciatic nerve. He basically knew it was the nerve before he had to prove to me it was my nerve.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHO will play defense for GS next game????

That is the dilemma with the roster right now. Boogie can score but can't guard. Iggy can guard but can't score. Looney is probably out so they have to play Boogie and probably Bogut because Bell is out of his league.

I think it's very unlikely they can win game 6 but I will say I think allthe pressure is on Toronto now on the road not wanting to blow that 3-1 lead

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If you go past the little video clip, the full clip shows him landing on that heel and the heel wobbles a couple times, then he lifts up that foot real quick. It almost looks like it is injured on the foot landing rather than pushing off. I just hope for his sake that's what happened.

I just heard it was achilles. Sux.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like my pops was wrong! Damn.

DAMN.

I almost feel like GS is even more juiced up to win Game 6 now.

Crazy freaking Finals so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard