2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Side note about Texas football (article above):

Think about the best modern day QB's coming out of high school in Texas...

Kyler Murray
Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Andy Dalton
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Stafford
Case Keenum
Nick Foles
RGIII

There are many more but none of those guys went to University of Texas.

Yes, they got Colt McCoy and Vince Young but missed on so many great ones. That to me is why the Longhorns have not been relevant/stayed as a premier program (since 2009) vs others (like Oklahoma and Texas A&M). Sorry Jetstream!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Side note about Texas football (article above):

Think about the best modern day QB's coming out of high school in Texas...

Kyler Murray
Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Andy Dalton
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Stafford
Case Keenum
Nick Foles
RGIII

There are many more but none of those guys went to University of Texas.

Yes, they got Colt McCoy and Vince Young but missed on so many great ones. That to me is why the Longhorns have not been relevant/stayed as a premier program (since 2009) vs others (like Oklahoma and Texas A&M). Sorry Jetstream!
This is truth, but I still say Vince Young was the best high school QB ever in the state of Texas and he did not have the supporting cast Kyler did, though against your observation it's moot. What I cannot understand is why a program like A&M just can't generate a stud RB for the pros... no, Leeland McElroy does not count lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is truth, but I still say Vince Young was the best high school QB ever in the state of Texas and he did not have the supporting cast Kyler did, though against your observation it's moot. What I cannot understand is why a program like A&M just can't generate a stud RB for the pros... no, Leeland McElroy does not count lol

“4th and 5 with the national championship on the line”

VY the forever GOAT of Texas FB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is so stupid. Brady gets a long leash because he’s the best QB of all time and whatever leadership style that guy has developed works. Period. Until Kyler shows any kind of leadership and gets us into the playoffs, the questions are going to be there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so stupid. Brady gets a long leash because he’s the best QB of all time and whatever leadership style that guy has developed works. Period. Until Kyler shows any kind of leadership and gets us into the playoffs, the questions are going to be there.

Sure, there is that angle which may be all there is to it.

There is also the fact that Kyler doesn't play the position the way that 'purists' want the positioned to be played. You also can't dismiss that Kyler is black and everything that entails. Black mobile QBs have always been treated this way. Always.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fits with what we have seen. Red zone has such tighter windows that if you aren't making quick reads and decisions you will struggle.

Except from my (not so great) memory, it seems that they started the season and last season strong but struggled towards the end of it.

Having D-Hop not available is huge, no only for his own ability to make plays, but the fact that he opens it up for everyone else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose