2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BullheadCardFan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

Kinda looks like you are. You're creating an absurd straw man representation of what other people are saying, then ranting about how absurd it is.

You brought up Brees as an example of a small QB who has been injured. Over a 17-year career, he's been one of the least-injured QBs in the league. THAT'S indisputable.

Actually, that's an argument i've never made. :shrug:

...dbs

2. Dante

Dante Registered

3. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

At some point in his career, he will play baseball. I am convinced. It will always be a "what if" nagging in the back of his mind.

4. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

Ehh ever heard of the offensive lineman falling on the Qb or being driven back into the Qb there are a hell of a lot of ways to "fall" on the Qb not necessarily by the defeender

5. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

Ya mean kinda like Rosen oops just had to put that in there

Yuma likes this.
  6. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Your argument would hold merit if teams were routinely giving guys who are 6'0 and below a chance.

Teams havent really, so it actually drives UP their success rate.

It's a flawed argument. The success rate of 6'0 and below QBs is like 50%!!!!

7. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

You and I don't need to argue more about Kyler getting hit anymore then. Sounds like you agree he will get popped but you think it will be less than others.

I didn't bring up Brees. @Cardiac did. What is not indisputable is that his injury is what led to him having to leave the team, and ending up with only two teams interested in making him an offer. All of this is kind of pointless, I mainly think Kyler is going to get hurt as a fully open runner.

Regarding the argument, that was a response to Krang, not you.

daves likes this.
  8. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Your assertion that no one is "getting a chance" is absolutely silly. Short QBs are on rosters, are able to play in practice, and preseason. Unless "getting a chance" means starting a full season, I don't know what to say to you.

Troy Smith: Won the Heisman, was 5'11, started 8 career games. Wasn't any good.
    Case Keenum: 6'1, started 54 career games. The verdict? Mediocre starter/backup tier.
    Seneca Wallace: 5'11, 25 games started, not very good.
    Michael Vick: 6'0, 115 starts, got hurt, tantalizing but failed player.
    Johnny Manziel: 6'0, started plenty of games, not good.
    Rex Grossman: 6'1, not very good.
    Ty Detmer: 6'0, 25 games started, not very good.

I can keep going. These guys all got their chances. They didn't do much of worth with it. That's why Russell and Drew are outliers.

daves likes this.
  9. ProdigalSun

ProdigalSun Registered

Living in Seattle I watch alot of Russ and he is Floyd Mayweather-like in his ability to avoid big hits

Mainstreet, Big D, dscher and 2 others like this.
  10. Krangthebrain

How many 6'1 and greater QBs failed to make it over that time?

95% probably. So I'm still right. :p

Going back to TY DETMER? TY DETMER? That's a long time. And almost half of those guys you listed were still looked at mainly as back ups (Smith, Keenum, Wallace) but got PT because the QBs in front of them got hurt or sucked.

11. Krangthebrain

It's alright @Solar7

Many people who debate with me get to ride home on the #failbus after I smoke their asses.

Short QBs are rarely given any opportunity in the NFL. And I've never seen a single one fail because they were short. Rex Grossman would've sucked if he was 7'5". Troy Smith wasn't a good QB....he was an athlete who sucked at all the finer things of QB play. Case Keenum is a decent player, but doesn't really have a great arm or any other great skills. Seneca Wallace? Sucked. Not because he was short, he sucked because he sucked at everything. I hear he trips over his own feet. Michael Vick is half the QB that Murray is. Johnny Manziel sniffs coke of hooker's asses.

12. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

I wasn't keen on the pick, but I'm over it.

Tyrion Lannister is our QB and as the Battle of Blackwater Bay proved, he's intelligent, skilled and resourceful. Yes, he's vertically challenged but if the Unsullied on the line hold up and the Dothraki do their thing in passing game, he'll be fine. My only concern is that there is a Night King out there and we don't have enough dragon glass blades or Valyrian steel to handle the White Walkers.

juza76 likes this.
  13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I don't see any evidence to back up your claim that a bunch of short QBs aren't getting their chance. How else are you supposed to get your chance besides starting games? Do you have to be drafted #1 overall for it to count as "a chance?"

Please feel free to provide some examples of great college players who just aren't getting their due because they're too short.

To be clear, I'm well aware that QBs over a certain height don't get a chance either.

The reason I brought up most of the guys I selected is that they're all players who exhibited collegiate success, or even flashes of success in the NFL.

Where are all of these guys riding the pine because they never had their shot? Troy Smith can't win a Heisman and be considered a bad QB.

14. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Proof that grace, magnanimity and being self aware is not at the heart of your personality.

15. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Company Man....For Now

I think he has the potential to come out roaring in the first game and a few games after that. Teams will not know what to expect and will have no real tape on the team. Come week 13 and 14, it could get tough. A very challenging schedule

dscher likes this.