2018 World Cup

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What a snoozefest. Saudi Arabia at least looked somewhat interesting at the start of the 2nd half, but that faded away pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I saw the last two goals. the free kick...man the keeper took his time getting to the corner!

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ouch! The Saudis were ranked ahead of Russia. Shows how much the FIFA rankings really mean. Remember when we were top 10 going into the 2006 WC?
LOL I remember that.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So did FS1--kept flashing goal, changed the score to 1-0, and got really confusing for a bit after that.

And what a shocking miss it was!
HA will have to see that. Terrible miss indeed. Sloppy match so far.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Salah not fit. It’s a shame. This match has been very poor.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Better late than never. Uraguay the only side that wanted 3 Points. Salah must surely be there to be a statue. Luis Suarez best highlight is his fish flopping at the end.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Salah not fit. It’s a shame. This match has been very poor.

I think it was very poor, very lackadaisical coaching by the Egyptian manager, because my thinking is that he IS fit. The manager saw it was likely he could pull a draw, so he ended up using his third and last sub. Then when he NEEDED Salah, he couldn't bring him on. I think they were trying to sneak in extra rest for him, and ruined their chances to advance. They HAD to get a draw out of this one, IMO.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think it was very poor, very lackadaisical coaching by the Egyptian manager, because my thinking is that he IS fit. The manager saw it was likely he could pull a draw, so he ended up using his third and last sub. Then when he NEEDED Salah, he couldn't bring him on. I think they were trying to sneak in extra rest for him, and ruined their chances to advance. They HAD to get a draw out of this one, IMO.
That was my thinking as well. I’m right there with you because the manager said he is fit. If that is the case he is fired. Salah could have punished Uraguay for their lack of quality in the final 3rd. Maybe Liverpool will add the Egyptian mgr to the payroll.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This match also rekindles my strong dislike of Suarez. He could have scored three times in that chance he had and played for a penalty. His best highlight was his fish out of water moment at the end. Cavani was the man Of the match for me.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t want this to end. Wonderful football.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Spain’s third goal was sweet.

That Ronaldo guy has some potential. [emoji23]

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
3 wonderful goals scored today between Spain and Portugal. I don’t know which one was better Nacho’s strike or Ronaldo’s free kick. But Diego Costa’s goal was also world class.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yup precisely what I expected from VAR. it’s even worse than I thought it would be. Premier league...No thanks!

Edit: penalty aside France win but do not look so good compared to where they should be.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yup precisely what I expected from VAR. it’s even worse than I thought it would be. Premier league...No thanks!

Edit: penalty aside France win but do not look so good compared to where they should be.

What? That was a stone-cold penalty against Australia. It didn't take long at all, either. I'd say VAR worked perfectly there.

Edit: How in the hell does Umtiti not see red for that atrocious handball penalty?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard