2018 2nd round pick is Christian Kirk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this a parked car, or a moving vehicle?

It was several parked cars. One happened to be a passenger van with someone lying down on one of the seats inside. He looked out and saw Kirk and his friend and followed them as he tried to get in touch with security. He witnessed them throwing rocks at several more vehicles.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was several parked cars. One happened to be a passenger van with someone lying down on one of the seats inside. He looked out and saw Kirk and his friend and followed them as he tried to get in touch with security. He witnessed them throwing rocks at several more vehicles.

We cant say about having bad company as extenuating considering he was the oldest guy there

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I'm a realist. Most college athletes are morons because they are put on a stage where physicality and presentation of attitude is encouraged over being mature off field where they have a problem differentiating the two. Hopefully this high schoolish behavior is something we will not see again. In the end I am a Cardinal fan, and it's doubtful the league will have any sanction because he was not in the league when it happen to him... and I actually hope the media blows this out of proportion, so he will think twice before ever doing such an act again
High schoolish behavior? This is more like 9 or 10 year olds behavior. Hope we didn't draft a future thug...

POISON

Reaction score
The police officer who arrested him said besides being drunk he acted like he was high on something like cocaine. Nice way to start out your nfl career but after reading the article he will fit right in with the other convicts in the NFL.
This pick may be a mistake. This guy better get it together. How stupid.

POISON

Reaction score
And destroying someone’s property that they paid for with money that they likely worked hard for. You also ruined that individuals day when they come to find their property destroyed. Don’t dismiss this as drunk and stupid. That’s a lame cop out. What if it were YOUR car? Would you just say, “ah well, drunk and stupid.” I sure as hell wouldn’t.

This might be a one-time incident, but to me it’s a grave warning. This occurred in February. When he was supposed to be on his best behavior before being drafted. And he was this stupid and hanging with idiots.

I was excited for this kid when we drafted him. Now his character is painted with his own brush until he consistently proves otherwise by his actions.
I'm with you Ouchie-Z-Clown, drunk and stupid is a lame cop out. They ought make him run steps until he passes out....

POISON

Reaction score
A rock to my window would not rock my world. It is not that big of deal. I have glass coverage with zero deductible. I have had worse happen to me without going to crazy mode. You need to lighten up. I don't need a crying room. A rock to my window, yeah, I could get over it, sorry you can't. You are blowing this way out of proportion. I can handle it, sorry you can't.
Leave it to you to defend thuggish behavior as not a big deal. To bad it wasn't your car, great insurance or not. If nothing else it might wake you up a little.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very disappointing and concerning that his "Friends" are just down the road from him here in Arizona.

The fact that the Cardinals knew about this before they selected him gives me a little more confidence in the pick. Clearly they got assurances from Kirk that he has cleaned up his act for them to take him in the second round.

Still a pretty ******* thing to do. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and call this a one time thing of him being a young drunk idiot. However he would be on a short leash if I was in charge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously, if he threw that rock with sober intent and then stole something, then we have a real potential problem in my opinion because most of these college athletes all have to curb their stupidity once they enter society and get their real job. He was drunk and acted stupid or was with others equally drunk and they threw the rock, still making it wrong but unfortunately the norm for a good enough percentage of the collegiate football players

I am not condoning this but geez, I have seen and heard worst stuff at almost every college I attended by athletes. Kirk attended Texas A&M and one can only look at Johnny Manziel on what goes on at a college program at different degrees. I am not singling out A&M either, because I attended the University of Texas and know equally ******** behavior by college athletes there. If you knew of all the crap which non high profile guys did, you would see the unfortunate truth. Fights, alcohol abuse, and other stuff you could script for a freaking pirate BMovie. If everything was known to the public on what half these guys do regarding this moronic immature behavior, or rather a lack of accountability, a lot which gets swept under the rug and never even prosecuted by the law in college towns, most here would be very limited on draft day. Maybe it's not as bad outside of the South but here in Texas football is almost a religion and some of these guys act like they go to school at Valhalla and playing football makes them a minor deity

I shake my head at this behavior and in my twenties as a student still reacted equally in 'what the hell' response to these antics, but do not make like this is some unique circumstance which makes Kirk the lone problem child, and children in a grown man's body is accurate for some of these players where being a college star stunts their personal growth by way of a violent contact sport which allots them adoration. Hell, I heard a few stories similar when getting my Masters at The University of Houston while living in the dorms with the college athletes during your average semester... a lot of us where made aware of the reality of life early on entering college and naturally grow up with common sense and did not have any fantasy about arrogant exemptions having star status, some of these guys do not
I would be pissed at my 8 year old for these actions. A grown man entering the draft?

And you lament the fact that these guys haven’t learned consequences yet your entire post here is essentially saying no big deal because they all do it. Uh, you’re part of the “no consequences” problem.

I’m going to put this simply, if he wasn’t an athlete, just a 21 year old with his 21 year old friends, and he destroyed your property because he was drunk I don’t think a single one of you would be “okay, he’s a kid, he was drunk, everybody does it, blah blah blah.” If you would be, you’re part of our crumbling society’s problem.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who was a bad kid, who would drink and do this type of crap during my senior year of high school, let me clue you guys in on something... this prob wasn’t an isolated incident.

That said, I got scared straight before I faced any repercussions and changed my ways. Hopefully the same happens here.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who was a bad kid, who would drink and do this type of crap during my senior year of high school, let me clue you guys in on something... this prob wasn’t an isolated incident.

That said, I got scared straight before I faced any repercussions and changed my ways. Hopefully the same happens here.

I blame Ouchie for not knocking some sense into you! Of course he probably was in college when you were being an idiot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blame Ouchie for not knocking some sense into you! Of course he probably was in college when you were being an idiot.

It’s always Ouchie’s fault!

I will say... one morning before school, I walked out to see my car window shattered and my CD player stolen. I could only laugh and shake my head. What go around comes around.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His lawyer will probably sue the parking lot owners for having rocks in the parking lot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A rock to my window would not rock my world. It is not that big of deal. I have glass coverage with zero deductible. I have had worse happen to me without going to crazy mode. You need to lighten up. I don't need a crying room. A rock to my window, yeah, I could get over it, sorry you can't. You are blowing this way out of proportion. I can handle it, sorry you can't.
thats assuming it hits a window.... big divots in the hood and across the roof of the car really suxx. had it happen to me about 8 years ago...totally deflating

maybe a QB would always hit the glass...??

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would be pissed at my 8 year old for these actions. A grown man entering the draft?

And you lament the fact that these guys haven’t learned consequences yet your entire post here is essentially saying no big deal because they all do it. Uh, you’re part of the “no consequences” problem.

I’m going to put this simply, if he wasn’t an athlete, just a 21 year old with his 21 year old friends, and he destroyed your property because he was drunk I don’t think a single one of you would be “okay, he’s a kid, he was drunk, everybody does it, blah blah blah.” If you would be, you’re part of our crumbling society’s problem.

I agree...I might be too old school but if a fool gets caught doin some poo like that he might just get shot in the kneecaps ... I know a dude you can ask about that but unfortunately he hasnt returned my calls for the last 16 years

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big Ben is still a starting QB despite serial sexual assault. Talent gets second and third chances in the NFL.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was my car, then I could care less about his time, I just want his money, and as much of it as I can get.

I get that, I'm just saying money would be less of a big deal for him now. But having to spend his time doing menial work for hours? That might leave an impression on him that lasts a bit longer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll do you one better... if he was a Seahawk or Cowboy, I don't think anyone gives him a free pass because he's a kid who was drunk... and then the same people would probably talk about the "bad character culture" and bring up the 'Diche as proof of that as well.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll do you one better... if he was a Seahawk or Cowboy, I don't think anyone gives him a free pass because he's a kid who was drunk... and then the same people would probably talk about the "bad character culture" and bring up the 'Diche as proof of that as well.

I agree.

my curiosity lies with...was this an isolated incident, or just the only time he ever got caught??

face it...some times young men do stupid poo...we all have... I have one friend from my childhood that I just cant be around...love the dude,... but when we are together bad poo happens and it all starts out so innocently, lol.....
but we always did have a legendary good time...sadly had to walk away from him 20 years ago

if this is an isolated thing for Kirk then I aint too concerned... it was a dick move but we have all done poo we aint proud of or that was very ill advised.

the concern is,... colleges are notorious for covering poo up...and events like this are fairly minor...so one has to ask.....does he do this kinda stuff every time he goes out? acts of vandalism are easier to cover up than rape or theft or assault.... but fortunately they are also more a sign of immaturity than deviant criminal nature....so there is hope it can be outgrown.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used to throw rocks at the train that passed by our neighborhood. Granted I was about 8 at the time, but still.
Me too. Stopped when I was 11.

Don't know why we did it when we were kids, but did not throw rocks at cars and don't know why anyone would.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll admit I've done a thing or two in my past, especially around the end of college, that I'm not particularly proud of (sorry tow truck we slingshotted paintballs at), but I also wonder if this is something that Kirk actually did, or if he was cited for being with a group of guys who were being ********* and he just didn't do anything to stop them.

I'm sure a lot of us have been in a situation where some guys around you are doing something stupid and you can't really do anything about it. He needs to learn to not be in those situations (and hopefully he wasn't doing coke as was brought up), but it's perhaps not something he specifically did.