2018 2nd round pick is Christian Kirk

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Kirk is tailor made for the incoming offense too.
Possibly one of the most overlooked plots of next season. Kirk excels when getting the ball in his hands in space quickly, then the returner in him takes over. Given that he showed so much promise as a rookie in such a historically bad situation, I'm excited to see him in KK's offense.

If Rosen's arrow finally starts to point up at some point next season, Kirk continues to develop and Cole holds down his starting gig, Keim will get a free pass for another couple years. Not even talking about Edmonds potentially being a really good change of pace back and Cunningham a dark horse to start as well. The 2018 draft class could safe Keim's GM job for a long time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My only question is if he can hold up, and make it through a full season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why not? He played well all season before breaking a bone in week 13 or so. That's a freak injury and not something to lable him injury prone.

Crazy. Same thing we've said about D.J. Humphries, Jonathan Cooper, Ryan Williams, David Johnson, etc., etc.

I had a broken foot on Cinco de Mayo that required surgery. I'm still not back in my usual running shape without pain.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was never really injured in high school or college.

A few weeks back he was supposedly ahead of schedule by a couple of weeks. That doesn't mean he'll be perfectly fine and everything is hunky dory, but a positive sign at this point.

As for KK, he will know how to use Kirk. They've known each other for at least a couple of years and were friends before entering their now working relationship. With that comes respect and knowledge of what each other are capable of.

I'm excited to see how that plays out whatever it turns out to be.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Possibly one of the most overlooked plots of next season. Kirk excels when getting the ball in his hands in space quickly, then the returner in him takes over. Given that he showed so much promise as a rookie in such a historically bad situation, I'm excited to see him in KK's offense.

Well said, Veer! I actually think Chad Williams has a chance to shine as well.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy. Same thing we've said about D.J. Humphries, Jonathan Cooper, Ryan Williams, David Johnson, etc., etc.

I had a broken foot on Cinco de Mayo that required surgery. I'm still not back in my usual running shape without pain.
Sorry but that is a weak argument. Humphries had an injury history when we drafted him, Cooper was known to be soft, Ryan Williams tore his patella and Johnson came back and played every game this rear.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That is a question for every NFL player, every season.

Yes, you can.

I wonder why then some players are considered injury prone, and it is held against them in the league come contract time.

I see a small receiver that got hurt in his first year, thus concern.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is some....bad logic. Not a expected response from you.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Sorry but that is a weak argument. Humphries had an injury history when we drafted him, Cooper was known to be soft, Ryan Williams tore his patella and Johnson came back and played every game this rear.

ACL tears used to ruin careers. With advancements in surgery, players can overcome MOST injuries if they rehab properly and work their tails off. Adrian Peterson is the perfect example of this. Motor and toughness are more important than ever

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ACL tears used to ruin careers. With advancements in surgery, players can overcome MOST injuries if they rehab properly and work their tails off. Adrian Peterson is the perfect example of this. Motor and toughness are more important than ever
I’m not sure what you are getting at.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can.

I wonder why then some players are considered injury prone, and it is held against them in the league come contract time.

I see a small receiver that got hurt in his first year, thus concern.

Yeah, and people, as you well remember, said the same stuff about Fitz early in his career.

My worry about Kirk being injury prone, coming off the season we just had, doesn't even register for me. We have a shambles of an offensive line that has had disastrous injury seasons the last two years. That compared Kirk? To me, that is like King Kong compared to Justin Bieber's monkey.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Stop with that. Cooper was considered the safest pick in that draft he was a plug and play 10 year all pro. Stop trying to make it something it wasn't

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop with that. Cooper was considered the safest pick in that draft he was a plug and play 10 year all pro. Stop trying to make it something it wasn't
No. Not not even close to right. He was an O-lineman who was proud to tell anyone listening that his main passion in life was the clarinet. I’m not sure what you were doing when he was drafted but I was throwing a fit on this board. Furthermore, that draft was known ahead of time to be in the handful of worst over the last quarter century and didn’t disappoint in the least.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Not not even close to right. He was an O-lineman who was proud to tell anyone listening that his main passion in life was the clarinet. I’m not sure what you were doing when he was drafted but I was throwing a fit on this board. Furthermore, that draft was known ahead of time to be in the handful of worst over the last quarter century and didn’t disappoint in the least.

Lol ok

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk was electric. I expect big things this year

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member