2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
those people probably don't live in LA where he's pretty much REVILED. Dude was billed as a savior... has been pretty much a bust and more than anyone on that team, probably relishes starting over somewhere the lights aren't quite as bright.

Yeah. His dad really screwed him. Remember the hooplah he was getting during his rookie summer league?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean...he was a good shooter in college. He shot 55% from the floor and 41% from 3. He had (and has) horrible form and wasn't exactly a scoring machine, but I don't think it's impossible he figures it out.

I doubt he'll ever figure it out enough to make us happy. But I could see him becoming a better version of Rubio down the road and I think a team can win a lot of games with that kind of player at the one.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Burns & Gambo have been on Lonzo's jock the last few days saying he should be the leading trade candidate.

I guess he's the most available obviously as Russell and Rozier rumors don't seem to be picking up and Holiday stays with NO until the deal Davis to signify they are acknowledging they are starting a rebuild.

Ball's shooting is sort of on par with Jason Kidd's first 2 years but Kidd's all around game was levels above Ball's and even though Kidd was not a great FT shooter his numbers look like Mark Price's compared to Ball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt he'll ever figure it out enough to make us happy. But I could see him becoming a better version of Rubio down the road and I think a team can win a lot of games with that kind of player at the one.

With Booker and Ayton we don't want him taking a lot of shots. His role will be to play D, feed those two, and take open 3's. I am pretty sure he can do that job much better than Melton or Okobo who both stink as distributors.

I think his rebounding ability is being vastly underrated also. We need that badly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The thing with Ball is that he has some areas where he is outstanding. (I understand this is an offensive statement to a couple posters, but imho his passing, vision, size, and defense are incredibly enticing.) He also has areas where he needs a LOT of improvement.

I'd rather get a pg who is special and hope he fixes his flaws than get one who is okay and hope he suddenly becomes special. (Of course, I'd like a guy who is special without huge flaws more...but they're really hard to get.)

If he doesn't want to be here, it doesn't matter.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would only offer Troy Daniels and Bucks pick. No way I offer JJ or Warren. Ball is not worth anything else.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would only offer Troy Daniels and Bucks pick. No way I offer JJ or Warren. Ball is not worth anything else.

Again, I don't want him at all unless we are paid to take him, and then I would waive him immediately. Frankly I would rather have Austin Rivers, and that's saying a lot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know what he's worth but no way are we getting him for a mostly useless pick and mostly useless player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm intrigued if the cost is not too much.

If the trade happens now, the Suns would be able to kick the tires on Ball the remainder of this season and next. After that it's team option before he becomes a RFA the following season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between the two players, Holiday or Ball, I'm guessing Sarver would prefer the lower contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where the Suns' focus needs to be, not Lonzo Ball.

Hmm. Well my guess is he doesn't want to come here and Lonzo does. That may be why we are after Lonzo. His contract might also be part of the reason.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hmm. Well my guess is he doesn't want to come here and Lonzo does. That may be why we are after Lonzo. His contract might also be part of the reason.

I'm pretty sure his contract is the entire reason. Ball is the one who doesn't want to be here long term.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his contract is the entire reason. Ball is the one who doesn't want to be here long term.

Whatever mindreader.

You should really become a pro psychic if you know what everyone is thinking.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whatever mindreader.

You should really become a pro psychic if you know what everyone is thinking.

It doesn't require ESP to know what Robert Sarver and Lonzo Ball are thinking. They have both pretty much advertised it to the world...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't require ESP to know what Robert Sarver and Lonzo Ball are thinking. They have both pretty much advertised it to the world...

Ok, well you also have claimed previously to know what Booker is thinking, what Ayton is thinking, what all the suns players are thinking repeatedly with no proof of it. I'm just tired of hearing it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, well you also have claimed previously to know what Booker is thinking, what Ayton is thinking, what all the suns players are thinking repeatedly with no proof of it. I'm just tired of hearing it.

Again doesn't take ESP. Booker has worn his emotions on his sleeve, and they've both been quoted, for God's sake.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they get rid of Davis they need as much young talent as they can acquire.

I don't see them valuing any of the questionable young talent the Suns would likely make available. Think it's safe to assume Ayton and Booker are off the table, and I would add Bridges to that list personally. Pretty much TJ, JJ, Melton and Okobo left for a team that is presumably getting Kuzma, Ingram and Ball. Maybe there is a multi team trade that could work for a team that would value what the Suns have to offer more than the Pels, but I don't see them wanting to replicate the pieces they just got for AD. I think any deal would likely center around draft picks, question becomes what kind of protection would there be. I think if the Suns are offering lightly protected pick(s) they should be aiming higher than Holiday.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't see them valuing any of the questionable young talent the Suns would likely make available. Think it's safe to assume Ayton and Booker are off the table, and I would add Bridges to that list personally. Pretty much TJ, JJ, Melton and Okobo left for a team that is presumably getting Kuzma, Ingram and Ball. Maybe there is a multi team trade that could work for a team that would value what the Suns have to offer more than the Pels, but I don't see them wanting to replicate the pieces they just got for AD. I think any deal would likely center around draft picks, question becomes what kind of protection would there be. I think if the Suns are offering lightly protected pick(s) they should be aiming higher than Holiday.

In this draft, I think Holiday is about the best they could do for their own Top 3 protected pick.