2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All-Star Blazers point guard Damian Lillard rarely turned his offensive energy above a six, but he and his teammates were great in reading and recognizing a young defense still adjusting.

Just get the deal done! We would have to probably use our own pick plus Milwaukee. Plus we need him to extend his contract. Too much?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just get the deal done! We would have to probably use our own pick plus Milwaukee. Plus we need him to extend his contract. Too much?

Yeah, I think it might take more. I'm all for it but I doubt it will be cheap as he's not unhappy there as far as we know.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm thinking, Warren, Josh Jackson and multiple picks would be what POR will ask for.

I would jump on that. Lillard was first team all-NBA. I don't think he's truly quite at that level, but he's really, really, really good. He'll cost a ton of money, but that is any top player. He just turned 28 and is not a guy who is super dependent on athleticism, so a huge contract worries me way less than someone like John Wall. He's clutch, a great leader, and a great shooter. Going forward, Phoenix would have:

Lillard
Booker
Bridges
Role Player
Ayton

That looks really, really good to me!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, I know it's weird to be willing to trade Jackson for Lillard when I wasn't willing to trade him for Kyrie, but that's the situation more than anything. Ayton plus a top backcourt has championship potential. Getting Kyrie last year would have severely limited our ability to get an Ayton.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lillie’s is not an option unless he WANTS to be moved. The cost is just too high.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, imagine our reaction if someone offered that kind of deal for Booker.

We'd hang up. But would we if it was a handful of years later and despite having a significant payroll and a team of veterans, they continued to make early playoff exits? Plus, that offer included multiple picks. Maybe he meant a heavily protect first plus the Milwaukee pick and maybe he meant 3 unprotected firsts plus the Milwaukee pick? Not all draft pick offers are created equal.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think that the Suns' acquisition of so many SFs this off-season signals that they are at least thinking about letting Jackson go. If the right offer came along, they wouldn't be losing much in the short term by giving Jackson's minutes to Warren or Ariza, or maybe even Bridges if adjusts quickly. We know that Sarver is prone to impatience and that McDonough has to know that his job is on the line. So a big-splash trade where Jackson is sacrificed to create an instant playoff team wouldn't be a big surprise. The Suns have set themselves up to make that possible, if they get a willing partner.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The nba season is plenty long. 82 games which haven’t even started.

I’m so surprised at the level of alarm so many of you possess.
I agree. We should be enjoying the fact that we have two legit stars. But instead we fret over draft misses--Len, Bender, Chriss, maybe even Jackson. The draft is a crap shoot. You have to have good picks, do your homework, but most of all get lucky. We finally got lucky. Enjoy it people.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I agree. We should be enjoying the fact that we have two legit stars. But instead we fret over draft misses--Len, Bender, Chriss, maybe even Jackson. The draft is a crap shoot. You have to have good picks, do your homework, but most of all get lucky. We finally got lucky. Enjoy it people.
Agreed, but Jackson is going to be a hit. He will look a lot better when Booker gets back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nba season is plenty long. 82 games which haven’t even started.

I’m so surprised at the level of alarm so many of you possess.

I'm not expressing alarm. All I'm saying this a significant setback for Bridges because he needs all the playing time he can get as a rookie entering the season.

My previous post was clear enough.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone notice this tweet?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So, if you knew you could sign Kemba for a max but not supermax deal, what would you give up for him?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone notice this tweet?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So, if you knew you could sign Kemba for a max but not supermax deal, what would you give up for him?

Yeah. I posted it early in the game thread.

If I knew for sure, I'd give up pretty much any asset besides Booker or Ayton. I wouldn't give up Bridges AND Jackson, but I'd be willing to part with one of them along with Warren and whatever else was needed to sweeten the pot.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, if the Hornets were looking at Jackson, that was the wrong game for them to scout!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, if the Hornets were looking at Jackson, that was the wrong game for them to scout!
Warren, Bender, Okobo and the Milwaukee pick?

Kemba, Melton, Canaan, Shaq
Booker, Daniels
JJ, Bridges, King
Ariza, Anderson
Ayton, Chandler, Holmes

You would have to be pretty sure of signing Kemba long term. But if you can't you free up an additional $18 million for free agency.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson