2018/19 Hot Stove League

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
To make things tougher for the DBs, the Padres signed Ian Kinsler and are kicking the tires with Ahmed, Rockies signed Daniel Murphy, and Descalso signed with the Cubs. Alsdo rumors going around that the Giants are in the Realmuto mix.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually a good trade for CIN, as Bailey sucks and he is the main piece going back to LA. It creates room for Harper but LA is not the only team with money to offer, PHI could make a move for Harper if they lose out on Machado which is most likely going to happen as I think he ends up in NY.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
When will the Dbacks make some moves? Dodgers Padres and Rockies are making some moves.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Actually a good trade for CIN, as Bailey sucks and he is the main piece going back to LA. It creates room for Harper but LA is not the only team with money to offer, PHI could make a move for Harper if they lose out on Machado which is most likely going to happen as I think he ends up in NY.
Earlier reports said LA had an "agreement in principle" with Harper subject to some minor details. I wonder if this trade was one of them? More recent reports say LA is balking at a 10-year deal, but might pony up more cash for a shorter term.

The Puig trade to Cincy...weird. He's going from a very Latino-friendly LA to an openly racist Nati. He's going from a WS contender to a NL Central doormat. From big city to small Midwest city. Does he still owe a quarter of his contract to that dude in Florida who bought him out of captivity from the Zetas?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Idk where to stand with the Dodgers situation. On one hand I don’t want them to get a superstar even if he’s overrated because of durability issues (Harper). Plus it would send their luxury tax numbers into the stratosphere.

On the other I almost fear more of Friedman doing something Friedman-like and trading for Kluber and signing Pollock to a 2-year deal keeping their options open long term.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

The #Twins have great slugger and clubhouse leader in Nelson Cruz. If they’re not in the AL Central race by trade deadline can always move him and the remainder of his one year $14.2 million contract. Contract does not include any no-trade provisions Win-win for everyone

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A lot of reasonable catcher signings of late, the latest being Lucroy.

Is Mike Hazen really crazy enough to go into next season with the awful catching tandem of Avila and Kelly?

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of reasonable catcher signings of late, the latest being Lucroy.

Is Mike Hazen really crazy enough to go into next season with the awful catching tandem of Avila and Kelly?
Well, yeah, considering their "full rebuild" status, I can see it. I assume Mathis will be moved as part of the Greinke deal, if it happens.

Side note: I forgot where I read this, but both Machado and Harper were rather underwhelmed with their talks in Philly. To me this just increases the chances that Harper will wind up in L.A..