2017 Official Draft Thread

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was hoping the Suns trade with Denver would happen and Zack Collins would be available there. Don't see why the Blazers are that interested since they got Nurkic. Collins has range but still an odd move.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jackson seemed overjoyed with happiness in that interview right after he got drafted.

Doesn't seem to be the most charismatic person around but that's fine we have Booker for that. Hopefully they form a formidable tandem together!
I wonder if he did have a promise and got left at the alter? I would be pissed as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So stoked for this pick

Bledsoe, Ulis
Booker
Jackson, Warren
Chriss, Bender
Chandler, Len, Big Sauce

That's a lot of youth, athleticism across a lot of positions. If only the lightbulb would come on for Len we would be scary.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was hoping the Suns trade with Denver would happen and Zack Collins would be available there. Don't see why the Blazers are that interested since they got Nurkic. Collins has range but still an odd move.

To play PF?

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned how great the minny trade is for.... us! Minnesota was always the team I was looking at 4 years down the road as our potential main obstacl in the west, and they just traded three young assets for 28 year old butler...

They ll have two prime superstars 4 years from now, we'll hopefully have a whole gang of baby dragons that have grown up to take them down.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To play PF?

He's a center though. They tried that last year with Festus Ezeli, Mason Plumlee, Meyers Leonard, and Ed Davis. Then they unclogged things by bringing in Nurkic, who pushed them into the playoffs. Just seems odd they'd go with another Center to try and make him a PF.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home from watching at a bar. So pumped, can't believe he slipped. IMO Boston miscalculated bad, didn't realize Jackson wasn't interested in going there and would refuse to work out for them.

Who woulda though we'd gain fortune via a player dissing the Celtics.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a center though. They tried that last year with Festus Ezeli, Mason Plumlee, Meyers Leonard, and Ed Davis. Then they unclogged things by bringing in Nurkic, who pushed them into the playoffs. Just seems odd they'd go with another Center to try and make him a PF.

We agree. I questioned the move unless they fear losing Nurkic to free agency down the road.

I do think Zach Collins has a chance to play PF.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker tweeted a welcome to Josh Jackson. I would think if any player knows if we were planning on trading him it would be Booker, especially since it appears he's watching it at the arena with a lot of fans and team officials.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned how great the minny trade is for.... us! Minnesota was always the team I was looking at 4 years down the road as our potential main obstacl in the west, and they just traded three young assets for 28 year old butler...

They ll have two prime superstars 4 years from now, we'll hopefully have a whole gang of baby dragons that have grown up to take them down.

Could not disagree more. Feels to me like Minnesota made out like bandits in that trade.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This helps Minnesota start winning now, at least that's why they'd make that trade, and they still have Wiggins and Towns. Those 2 will have playoff experience before the Suns youngsters. I think it just moved their window forward a year or two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking down the road it seems the Suns tried to trade Bledsoe. So what happens now?

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Utah traded with Denver for the 13th pick, so the Bledsoe for #13 and Mudiay trade is dead.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could not disagree more. Feels to me like Minnesota made out like bandits in that trade.

Great trade for next 4 years, I agree.... when they have 0 shot to win the title. How would you feel if we traded jackson for butler, I'd be sick. We easily could have done it, but were smart not too.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Great trade for next 4 years, I agree.... when they have 0 shot to win the title. How would you feel if we traded jackson for butler, I'd be sick. We easily could have done it, but were smart not too.

Yeah, but the Suns don't already have Towns and Wiggins. I like the move for them. Dunn underperformed as a rookie, and LaVine is never going to be the kind of go-to wing they need.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Zack Lavine was all flash, he wasn't a very good player. Kris Dunn could be a good player but they have Rubio now at PG. Maybe they'll need a new PG in 4 years but they'll have 2 great players entering their prime. In 4 years they'll have a 25 year old Karl Anthony Towns and a 26 year old Andrew Wiggins, both should be All Stars then, easily.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Markieff for a 1st was a good trade, the Scola to Indiana trade was good, Gortat for a 1st was good, packaging picks to move up to #8 and get Chriss last year was good. The only real black mark on his resume as far as bad trades is the Knight trade. Sure, he undersold Thomas but he cost us nothing and it was seen as a decent trade at the time.
I hear you man. That Knight trade sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the Suns don't already have Towns and Wiggins. I like the move for them. Dunn underperformed as a rookie, and LaVine is never going to be the kind of go-to wing they need.

totally agree.