2015 vs 2021

Which team is better?

• 2015 (13-3)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on this. 2015 was the third year for Bruce Arians and obviously 2021 is the third year for Kingsbury and company. I think I would still give the coaching edge to BA, but this 2021 team has a lot more depth and leadership across the board. I don't think the 2015 team could deal with the amount of injuries this year's team has, and still be winning games. Also, while I give the coaching edge to BA, I think it's pretty obvious that when injuries did hit the quarterback situation, he didn't adjust his offense at all... He expected anybody stepping into that position to run the exact same offense. Kingsbury has been willing to make adjustments to fit the offense to the players he has available.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sorry, I just saw a similar thread from October. I don't think it has a poll, But if I'm moderator thinks this one should be deleted That's fine. Didn't mean to duplicate anything.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Apparently Kliff is an idiot and does not measure up to Bruce. Carson was a prototype QB while Kyler is a midget who does not belong in the league. That alone makes the 2015 team superior. Anyone who thinks differently is not paying attention. That being said, I'll take this team as an overall bette team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Outside of IDL play, I don’t know where the 2015 team is better than this 2021 team at.
That 2015 secondary had three Pro Bowlers and a legit DPOY contender in Matthieu.

WR room is pretty close.

Finally, top to bottom that 2015 offensive line was just better.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We have a much more talented team this year, as others have said, but this year has an extra game plus Covid so I give the edge to Kingsbury for being able to manage his players and staff. We have more depth, but we're also 2nd in the league decimated by injuries. Kingsbury rode Colt McCoy into the bye at 9-2. Giving Kyler and Hopkins more time to rest. I know a lot of people were against this, but right now, as it looks now, we're 1st in the entire NFC, 1st in our division, and Kyler and Hopkins go into the bye resting even more. It doesn't get better than that.

I love the BA years as much as anyone but Palmer was always, always limited, it doesn't matter if he was hurt or played or whatever, he has always choked in big games in the NFL. Every single time. People wanted him to be Warner, but he was not Kurt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 2015 secondary had three Pro Bowlers and a legit DPOY contender in Matthieu.

WR room is pretty close.

I think that team was probably a little more talented, but this team has an intangible toughness that one didnt.

Even then, I’m not totally sure. If we’re saying all things being equal and healthy, as you mention Matthieu, that would mean giving this team Watt and I think the difference at QB between healthy Palmer and healthy Kyler is ultimately immense. Or maybe not.

I don’t know. I just love how this team HITS and how they finish games. They’ve got an attitude.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think 2015 is leaps and bounds better than this team, but we're certainly playing well. Kliff and his staff have really matured.

I know I have darksider takes, I just really felt that 2015 team could win it all if Palmer stayed healthy. I'm not sure how we would perform yet. BA was just so steady.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WR room is pretty close.

Who is the third pro bowl in the secondary? All I can think of is Matthieu and Petersen??? It certainly wasn’t Jarraud Powers who is the other guy?

And I think this WR room is infinitely better overall. YoI had Fitz and smoke? Michael Floyd certainly wasn’t anybody to count on.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 2015 is leaps and bounds better than this team, but we're certainly playing well. Kliff and his staff have really matured.

I know I have darksider takes, I just really felt that 2015 team could win it all if Palmer stayed healthy. I'm not sure how we would perform yet. BA was just so steady.
No flipping way… This team is so much more disciplined than that team. Has more of a edge to them.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

WR room is pretty close.

Ummm who was the 3rd pro bowler? Bethel as a STer?

I think this WR room is a tier above that WR room. Certainly has more depth.

Think I agree with the OL take.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is the third pro bowl in the secondary? All I can think of is Matthieu and Petersen??? It certainly wasn’t Jarraud Powers who is the other guy?

And I think this WR room is infinitely better overall. YoI had Fitz and smoke? Michael Floyd certainly wasn’t anybody to count on.
Floyd had a 1000 yard season that year. And with a healthy running back room it had Chris Johnson, Ellington and DJ. Skill position it was better than this group by a hair. A very short hair when you factor in this team has a legit TE.

But it’s Kyler who puts the offense over the top.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What makes it leaps & bounds better?

Hell, schedule & teams this 2021 team has beaten is miles better than the teams the 2015 beat.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And nobody mentions Ken Whisenhunt who took us to a SB lol.

Whiz brought credibility to the franchise and took us to the promised land but he flamed out spectacularly. When he was getting involved with player contract negotiations he started losing the team. I often think what happens if we never lose Haley after the glory years.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whiz brought credibility to the franchise and took us to the promised land but he flamed out spectacularly. When he was getting involved with player contract negotiations he started losing the team. I often think what happens if we never lose Haley after the glory years.
What Whiz did for this franchise can't be understated. It's so hard to take a loser to the playoffs let alone the SB. It's an enormous achievement.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haley sucks and his career post AZ was nothing to write home about. He ran Whiz offense :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave