2015 3rd round pick is David Johnson RB

Reaction score
Weirdest part of the entire scenario. While the Cards did alter their blocking scheme I’m not aware of any lower body injury that impacted his style of running. I been watching football since Jim Brown was carrying and I’ve never seen a runner so dramatically alter his style. It will be interesting to see how he runs in Texas.

It was Wilks & company that changed him I believe. I remember reading the rb coach told him to stop the jump cuts/zig zagging & just put your head down & run forward. He obviously didn't run the same under Wilks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Over his eight-year career, Johnson rushed for 4,071 yards and 39 touchdowns, adding 277 receptions for 2,805 yards and 18 touchdown catches.

He ranks 10th in career rushing yardage with the Cardinals (3,128 yards) and is tied for third in rushing touchdowns (33).

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Over his eight-year career, Johnson rushed for 4,071 yards and 39 touchdowns, adding 277 receptions for 2,805 yards and 18 touchdown catches.

He ranks 10th in career rushing yardage with the Cardinals (3,128 yards) and is tied for third in rushing touchdowns (33).

Man, we've had flashes from guys over the years but have never had a consistently great RB.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, we've had flashes from guys over the years but have never had a consistently great RB.

How many RBs provide that consistency these days? Are there maybe 5 in the league right now ovet 5 years playing at a high level?

Henry - 8 seasons Joining new team
McCaffrey - 7 seasons Second team
Mixon - 7 seasons Joining new team
Barkely - 6 Seasons Joining new team
Jacobs - 5 season Joining new team

That's it and Barkley/Jacobs have already fallen off a little bit.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
How many RBs provide that consistency these days? Are there maybe 5 in the league right now ovet 5 years playing at a high level?

Henry - 8 seasons Joining new team
McCaffrey - 7 seasons Second team
Mixon - 7 seasons Joining new team
Barkely - 6 Seasons Joining new team
Jacobs - 5 season Joining new team

That's it and Barkley/Jacobs have already fallen off a little bit.
That’s why I would draft one high every five years or so.