Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First signing:

Mets sign Michael Cuddyer, 2 years, $21 Million

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
LOL... How old is Cuddyer?? The Mets will never learn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BY THE WAY, the Yankees signed my alltime favorite player - CY, to a one year deal (think it was somewhere around $2.5mlion).

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BY THE WAY, the Yankees signed my alltime favorite player - CY, to a one year deal (think it was somewhere around $2.5mlion).

all time favorite? really? why?

not roasting, just really curious..

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
all time favorite? really? why?

not roasting, just really curious..

It seemed like every time 82 complained about CY in a thread or post, CY would go on a mini tear and throw it back in 82's face. that said, i wonder if anyone would have the time to track how many times 82 said he didn't like CY's game and what CY's numbers were in the immediate weeks after his posts. I would guess his criticisms were more often right than wrong.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seemed like every time 82 complained about CY in a thread or post, CY would go on a mini tear and throw it back in 82's face. that said, i wonder if anyone would have the time to track how many times 82 said he didn't like CY's game and what CY's numbers were in the immediate weeks after his posts. I would guess his criticisms were more often right than wrong.

CY and his frequent encounters with the mendoza line are enough to redeem 82's criticism.

If he gets a full time job in NY next year I bet he hits 20 homers in that bandbox ballpark... granted he will probably bat .210 with a .291 OBP and strike out 140+ times.

Matt L

Reaction score
CY and his frequent encounters with the mendoza line are enough to redeem 82's criticism.

If he gets a full time job in NY next year I bet he hits 20 homers in that bandbox ballpark... granted he will probably bat .210 with a .291 OBP and strike out 140+ times.

That stat line would not surprise me.

Matt L

Reaction score
I wonder why the Astros traded for Hank Conger. He doesn't have better numbers than Jason Castro.

Matt L

Reaction score
Surprised for a couple of reasons:

1. MIA of all teams offering much for 1 player

2. Trout, younger and arguably better (not by much) signed for half that

I am amazed the Miami has that kind of money to offer. Trout is better than Stanton, however, Stanton has more leverage than Trout.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Astros signed Will Harris, and the Royals signed Joe Patterson, both former DBacks in '13

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any Miggy trade rumors?

Stewart insists that he is not be shopped but ARZ is receiving calls. Once Russell Martin comes off the market, I suspect an increase in interest.

On another note, keep an eye on COL, rumor is they are considering dealing both Tulo & Cargo. Their problem is that they will probably be low balled because neither can stay healthy enough and are still owed major coin. I know COL wouldn't consider dealing within the division but LA could absorb the contracts and have a need for an OF & SS.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Stewart insists that he is not be shopped but ARZ is receiving calls. Once Russell Martin comes off the market, I suspect an increase in interest.

On another note, keep an eye on COL, rumor is they are considering dealing both Tulo & Cargo. Their problem is that they will probably be low balled because neither can stay healthy enough and are still owed major coin. I know COL wouldn't consider dealing within the division but LA could absorb the contracts and have a need for an OF & SS.

Hearing Tulo will end up with the Yankees...

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade between Atlanta and St Louis

St Louis gets
Jason Heyward
Jordan Walden

Atlanta gets
Shelby Miller
Tyrell Jenkins
Heyward hasn't lived up to the billing, but he is a young Golden Glove fielder whose bat may benefit by getting out of Atlanta. St. Louis is going to have to pay him and they gave up a young talented pitcher to get him. But the Cardinals seem to be able to produce quality pitching at will.

The Braves have seen a talented young pitching staff wiped out by injuries. And their payroll has the "U-Plague". That's two overpaid Uptons and $13 million in dead money to an Uggla.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heyward hasn't lived up to the billing, but he is a young Golden Glove fielder whose bat may benefit by getting out of Atlanta. St. Louis is going to have to pay him and they gave up a young talented pitcher to get him. But the Cardinals seem to be able to produce quality pitching at will.

The Braves have seen a talented young pitching staff wiped out by injuries. And their payroll has the "U-Plague". That's two overpaid Uptons and $13 million in dead money to an Uggla.

Horse Hockey!

Everyone knows that Atlanta is the greatest, and that Justin Upton is underpaid, and the greatest ever, and led the Braves to an outstanding season!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love that trade for Atlanta. Miller is a stud. Hayward is an above average player but I cannot see how he ever lives up to the hype. He hasn't been one of these hot/cold guys who needs to find consistency. He has been consistent... consistently mediocre.

Last edited: