2011 Diamondbacks Thread

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That was rough, but I remind myself that we've done the same to other teams on multiple occassions. We really need to win tomorrow though, but looking at the stats it doesn't seem likely...
vs. Duke
Pujols .425 avg in 40AB
Holliday .438 avg in 16AB
Molina .323 avg in 31AB
And of course the rest of a very strong line-up against probably our weakest starter right now. Duke really needs to step up tomorrow morning.

Edit: But if we can pull it off...momentum going into the all-star break with 50 wins and then starting back up again with a 10-game home stand. We'll be in good shape to take back the division.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you pitch to Pujols with one on and up by two.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you pitch to Pujols with one on and up by two.

Cardinals lineup is stacked, pick your poison. If not Pujols its Holliday then Burkman. I agree Pujols is still the man but either way, pick your poison.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Big let-down in this series, but the break should do us some good. I'm looking forward to watching us beat up on the Dodgers after the break. I'll definitely be making it over there for one.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Today, Upton was our leading hitter in the line-up @ .294. The next highest was Blomquist at .270 or so, and he's not even an everyday player.. It's the same ol problem. Just not enough consistent production on offense... :bang:

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of all the NL contenders, the Diamondbacks have the easiest schedule in the second half of the season. Of the 70 games remaining, 39 are at home and they only have 25 games against teams with over a .500 record. Amazingly, they have 28 games or 40% of their remaining schedule against the Dodgers and the Padres. How well they do against those two teams could very well be a determining factor on whether or not they make the post season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

No surprise really... What can we do with him other than pinch-hit? Hard to justify keeping a guy like him up to do nothing more than get one at-bat every 3-4 games... It's a bummer for sure, but, Willy Mo is purely an AL player. We need to find a way to trade him to an AL team and get something of value in return.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No surprise really... What can we do with him other than pinch-hit? Hard to justify keeping a guy like him up to do nothing more than get one at-bat every 3-4 games... It's a bummer for sure, but, Willy Mo is purely an AL player. We need to find a way to trade him to an AL team and get something of value in return.

I know - just really like him as a player.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Enright called up to replace Duke in the rotation...hope he does well.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Allen with a bomb. Hopefully he gets a chance to play. Did Blum play for the Diamondbacks before?

He was a free agent pickup during the offseason. Got hurt right out of the shoot and jsut came back from that injury...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I missed the game tonight but good to see us get back to winning and some of the new guys contribute.

Also congrats to Kennedy for win #10 although it really should be about 14 but hey that's life as a Dback pitcher.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heilman is sent packing. Enright gets his roster spot.

I'm glad he is gone but Towers offseason spending has been a total bust. Instead of spending over $7 million on guys who are no longer on the team at the midway point,(Mora, Gallaraga, Branyan and Heilman) he could of signed a decent player who could actually contribute.

It will be interesting to see how Enright does tonight because he gave up a lot of homers in the minors. Hoping for the Barry of last year.