2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
During team stretches, Nate Clements and Shaun Hill continued their light-hearted trash talking battle from the previous day. Clements wondered if he was worthy of a big “X” after his interception on Monday.

Hill replied, “Maybe I’ll put a little star by your X.”

Nate quickly chirped back, “You can put an LD next to it – for lock down.”
:lol:
The best play of the day by the offense went to Morgan, who earned the honor by catching a 30-yard pass from Hill over the middle. What made the play impressive was how he came down with the ball despite being tightly covered by undrafted free agent cornerback Carlos Thomas on his post pattern. Morgan snared the ball away from Thomas and afterwards, the two got tangled up and fell to the ground. After the dust had settled on the play, Morgan had the ball in his hands and one shoe on his feet. The other had come off as the two hit the ground.
You must be registered for see images

A close second to Morgan’s catch happened on the first flea flicker of practice when Gore flipped the ball back to Hill, who then found an open wideout in Dominique Zeigler. Despite being covered closely by veteran cornerback Walt Harris, Zeigler was able to use his lanky 6-foot-3 body to pull the ball down, before getting both feet in bounds.
:)

Last edited:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
y how far did Kurt warner get the Giants with the Cannon arm, or Jeff George for that matter.
Everywhere Garcia has gone (with the exception of Cleveland) he wins.
Chad pennington doesn't have a big arm and he did decent.
That's different, we all know Kurt Warner had problems holding on to the ball and still does a little. As far as winning goes, let me know when Shaun Hill leads your Whiners to the Super Bowl three times and wins at least one of them with the other two being down to the final minute. :bigyawn:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's different, we all know Kurt Warner had problems holding on to the ball and still does a little. As far as winning goes, let me know when Shaun Hill leads your Whiners to the Super Bowl three times and wins at least one of them with the other two being down to the final minute. :bigyawn:
How is it different?
Cannon Arms don't mean success for example Warners stint in NY and early on in Arizona.
This offense fits Hills strengths as a quarterback.
Crabtree strength is YAC.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
How is it different?
Cannon Arms don't mean success for example Warners stint in NY and early on in Arizona.
I meant it's different due to other problems and it didn't have to do with him actually throwing the ball.
This offense fits Hills strengths as a quarterback.
I agree, but don't you think he'd be more dangerous if he could throw the deep ball as well?
He hasn't proven himself at this level yet.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off who is comparing Garcia to Warner? or Shaun Hill to Warner? :doi:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The man has never played a down in the NFL. How do you know how his strength will translate from college?
This is the NFL not Texas Tech!

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
First off who is comparing Garcia to Warner? or Shaun Hill to Warner? :doi:
We we're comparing arm strength. It's no secret Kurt Warner has a strong one, but Shaun Hill (at least last year) doesn't.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The man has never played a down in the NFL. How do you know how his strength will translate from college?
This is the NFL not Texas Tech!
Who's to say that he's strengths won't follow him to the NFL.
I'm sorry..i don't know if it will translate to the NFL.
In college he's strength was YAC....so im hoping, praying, crossing my fingers, that it will.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We we're comparing arm strength. It's no secret Kurt Warner has a strong one, but Shaun Hill (at least last year) doesn't.
which means what exactly?

Does it mean that the 49ers offense is going to be really good if Shaun Hill had a big arm? No, if we wanted a quarterback with a big arm...might as well start the season with Alex Smith or Nate Davis.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
which means what exactly?

Does it mean that the 49ers offense is going to be really good if Shaun Hill had a big arm? No, if we wanted a quarterback with a big arm...might as well start the season with Alex Smith or Nate Davis.
It's not the only thing obviously, but my point was that it would make your offense that much more potent.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah we'll see if the man can step up in his first season.
Kind of like Smith was the saviour as a draftee, or Davis was the saviour as a draftee, or on and on?
Humility is a wonderful thing.
Smith a saviour of that draft?...please that draft class was disgusitngly bad. (Smith, Rolle, Benson, Adam Jones, etc):barf:49ers wanted to trade out of the #1 pick, but nobody wanted to trade.

Davis was never touted as a saviour,,,the 49ers have made it clear that once A.J. Hawk was taken one pick before them, they went with VD.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not the only thing obviously, but my point was that it would make your offense that much more potent.
Hill can throw 40 yard down the field just fine, just look at his game winning touchdown against the rams, or his touchdown pass to morgan against the cardinals, or his deep pass to Vernon Davis against the cowboys, etc.
If can already make these throws already, why does he need to have a cannon arm?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronin, do you have any concerns that 1) Crabtree comes from a spread offense and now he is going to play in a run first offense, and 2) Crabtree didn't register a 40 time leading up to the draft?

I think it is entirely possible he will be good, but I have serious doubts about his production this year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ronin, do you have any concerns that 1) Crabtree comes from a spread offense and now he is going to play in a run first offense, and 2) Crabtree didn't register a 40 time leading up to the draft?

I think it is entirely possible he will be good, but I have serious doubts about his production this year.
1) Yeah I'm concerned that that he is coming from a spread offense. Right now Crabtree knows how to run maybe five routes, because of this he will not have a jaw dropping rookie season. IMHO it's going to take him time to get ready for the NFL, but I think he will be fine.

2) Not really.....Game speed>Combine speed.IMO:) Take Vernon Davis for example, he ran a very fast 40, but struggles to get break away from coverage...Plus Crabtree was hurt so I'm not going to hold it against him.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Hill can throw 40 yard down the field just fine, just look at his game winning touchdown against the rams, or his touchdown pass to morgan against the cardinals, or his deep pass to Vernon Davis against the cowboys, etc.
If can already make these throws already, why does he need to have a cannon arm?
Speaking of the Rams game, that game was almost a loss due to the lob ball he threw into double coverage before that. Luckly the pass fell incomplete. Even the passes you mentioned looked like lobs, but luckly no one was around thw WR (IRC). He's a lobber and that gives the defense time to react and intercept the pass.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort