2008 Tax Returns

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going off of Nathan's thread from last year, how's everyone's taxes shaping up?

Getting returns? Having to pay? What are you using your returns for?

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to owe a bit this year, due to increase in income. Going to the tax lady tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be too much!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a lousy 750.00 back :mad:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still waiting on my 1099 from my previous employer. I suspect, like last year, he's in no hurry to get it to me. :( Hopefully, though, I'll break even this year & won't owe.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a return. Will use a small portion toward my birthday trip to Disneyland, about half toward bills and a portion into the savings account.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always get a pretty nice amount back. I'll treat myself to something nice as a result of having been broke the entire year. Looking at a PS3 this year. Whohoo!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a big return. Paying off all of my credit card debt and saving towards a down payment. It's nice to have all of my credit paid off again.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a big return. Paying off all of my credit card debt and saving towards a down payment. It's nice to have all of my credit paid off again.

:dvdsdvdsdvdsdvdsdvdsdvdsdvdshighdefhighderhighdef:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished mine. Made 30k more than last year, but no deductions of any kind except for the standard. Refund is only $308. Not enough to do any big spending with.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thanks to two kids and mortgage, getting $6600 back. Getting the back yard patio poured, with Hollywood's guy. Haven't called him yet, but will when I get the cash. With my tuition reimburstment and raise I made 13,000 more so I was happy with this return... was scared that I could owe

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to two kids and mortgage, getting $6600 back. Getting the back yard patio poured, with Hollywood's guy. Haven't called him yet, but will when I get the cash. With my tuition reimburstment and raise I made 13,000 more so I was happy with this return... was scared that I could owe

Holy Moly I have a mortgage and two kids. Bought a new car this year so my sales tax credit was much larger than normal. I had childcare expenses. Tons of work expenses this year since I bought 3 new guns for work then add in all accessories. Im only getting 750.00 send me your accountants # will ya. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holy Moly I have a mortgage and two kids. Bought a new car this year so my sales tax credit was much larger than normal. I had childcare expenses. Tons of work expenses this year since I bought 3 new guns for work then add in all accessories. Im only getting 750.00 send me your accountants # will ya. :)

Taxcut baby! I also have the maximum tax withheld because I had to pay one year and student loan interest

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did my taxes today. I'm getting back $825 federal and $16 state. I think I'll use my federal return to finally get a HDTV and use my state return to get a pizza to eat while watching my new TV.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did my taxes today. I'm getting back $825 federal and $16 state. I think I'll use my federal return to finally get a HDTV and use my state return to get a pizza to eat while watching my new TV.

:thumbup:

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Damn I owe $500 for Federal and getting back $150 for state. I claim 3 exemption, but only have morgage interest and the standard deduction to write off. Well I guess someone has to pay for the bailout ?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taxcut baby! I also have the maximum tax withheld because I had to pay one year and student loan interest

Same with me. I know its bad to do that, loaning the government free money yada yada yada. It works for me this way. Loaning the government free money is better than not saving at all.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This year they gave a dollar-for-dollar student loan interest credit. I paid 900 bucks and got it all back, I don't know if that caps out