2 questions

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
1. My firewall has been blocking a kraung2 virus - anyone know what that is?

2. Since I installed McAfee firewall at home, this website is extremely slow in loading & is very frustrating - any advice on how to make it speed up/better? I run Win98

Last edited:

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
1st i would defrag...that always helps...but my computer was running slow last week..and i downloaded internet turbo..it works awesome..it makes things alot quicker..

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
1. My firewall has been blocking a kraung2 virus - anyone know what that is?

Probably something nasty started by our own Krangthebrain. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

2. Since I installed McAfee firewall at home, this website is extremely slow in loading & is very frustrating - any advice on how to make it speed up/better? I run Win98

Advice #1: Upgrade Windows. Depending on how new your McAfee program is, it probably is made to work the best on later versions of Windows (XP or even 2000).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still prefer to run Win 98. I just use ZoneAlarm's free firewall, and Ad-Aware's spyware detector/remover.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I still prefer to run Win 98. I just use ZoneAlarm's free firewall, and Ad-Aware's spyware detector/remover.

exactly same set up I have - no problems

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

on internet options under Int Exp, enable java console and logging and allow cookies on your FW

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Mcafee's version. I run the free version of Zone Alarm and have no issues.

I know that from vbulletin's support site that firewalls can be a constant pain. Reason being is that some interpret scripts looking for harmful ones. Basically, everything on this board is a script, including avatars, attachments and the pages themselves.

If you don't want to switch to a different firewall, is there some kind of "zone" security setting where you can "trust" this site and bypass the firewall?

If not, try turning off the firewall and testing the speed of the site. If it speeds up then its definately a firewall problem.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard