1923 (Paramount+)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So.
Stout dont like blondes.

Would the boobs be less boring if they were redheads?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So.
Stout dont like blondes.

Would the boobs be less boring if they were redheads?
#1: I'm not a gentleman, so I don't prefer blondes. That doesn't make me dislike them :D

#2: Yes. Boobs are never boring on redheads.

There was a movie years ago. Damned if I can remember it (which probably says a lot). There was a roughly 20 minute scene featuring a topless woman. It was so boring I fell asleep.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
90% of the latest episode was a snoozefest. High point was Helen Mirren..... DAMN that woman can act.

BTW, my eyes almost rolled out of my head over the whole shipwreck thing.... Good god!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last episode..... Gratuitous sex and booby scene, boring events with Spencer and Alexandra, boring events at homestead, fantastic continuing saga with the Native American girl.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah I thought yesterday’s episode was boring aside from the situation with the priests trying to capture Teonna Rainwater. They have drawn out the Spencer situation too long. I’d prefer to see less of them until they get to Montana or wherever they are actually going. He seems to have poor judgment (in comparison to what they make him out to be) to get on a tug boat when he could have taken a cruise ship and just waited a couple weeks. I guess the cliff hanger now is Alex’s family finding her.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
90% of the latest episode was a snoozefest. High point was Helen Mirren..... DAMN that woman can act.

BTW, my eyes almost rolled out of my head over the whole shipwreck thing.... Good god!
Yes Helen Mirren is the best actor and character in the show. She is carrying the whole thing for me.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm in full agreement with everything Stout has posted on this.

Now I know this isn't a History Channel deal, but come on, guys..... you spend a lot of time on getting the big stuff right, but swing and miss on some of the easy stuff. Episode three, in the speakeasy, the kid is shown spending small paper money. Small paper wasn't introduced until 1929. Episode 2, after Spencer takes on the two big cats, he asks for a cigarette and light, A guy produces a Zippo lighter.... that wouldn't be invented until the early 30's. They're fighting a range war in 1923, when the Montana range wars ran from 1870 to 1920. In those 50 years, approximately 54 people were killed, apparently half of them at the end of episode three. There's a few more, but you get my point.

Okay.... I get it. From 1955 to 1965, probably a thousand or so cowboys were killed on Cheyenne, Gunsmoke, Sugarfoot, Maverick, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Bonanza, The Rebel, the Wild Bunch, etc. etc. etc. so I'll let that one go. but the rest of these relatively small screw-ups stack up, and piss me off.

Edit: The odds of a poor Irish sheep herder owning a 50 caliber Thompson machine gun (with 50 round drum, no less) at a cost in today's dollars of around $3200 (not including the ammo) is between slim and none.
I was thinking about this…how accuracy relates to the sincerity of the show. It is a western drama, but reminds me more of a soap opera with the extreme scenes and not a whole of attention to accurate detail. Which I guess is ok, but sometimes it gets over the top. I started noticing it with yellowstone the farther i got into it. It’s not much different than a modern day walker Texas ranger.

Maybe the most important history lesson from the whole series is how poorly people treated one another, particularly natives being mistreated by European immigrants. 1923 so far has really focused on Christian conversions which we know took place in the americas against the will of many natives who had deep spiritual belief systems. This aspect is probably my favorite story line from 1923 specially. Of corse the story lines are fictional, but we know some of these things did happen.

When people get upset about immigrants coming to america expressing themselves in a certain language or religion, maybe they should have some tolerance and understanding of history.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I had to wait to watch until yesterday. My God, this show ended up sucking so bad. I have zero desire to see a second season of this suck fest. The only compelling story line to even contemplate is the native one, and that's far from enough to continue investing time (and money with Paramount +) in a horrible show. That's the end of the Yellowstone universe for this viewer.

On a side note, the Paramount + app itself is ridiculously bad. Every other app seems to work fine, but this one malfunctions in at least small ways every time I open it, and has crashed/burned to the point of playing audio even on cable input multiple times.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to wait to watch until yesterday. My God, this show ended up sucking so bad. I have zero desire to see a second season of this suck fest. The only compelling story line to even contemplate is the native one, and that's far from enough to continue investing time (and money with Paramount +) in a horrible show. That's the end of the Yellowstone universe for this viewer.

On a side note, the Paramount + app itself is ridiculously bad. Every other app seems to work fine, but this one malfunctions in at least small ways every time I open it, and has crashed/burned to the point of playing audio even on cable input multiple times.

Had our gratuitous, unneeded sex/s&m/boobs scene, the what has become silly Spencer/Alexandra segment, and then the rest, which was okay. Again, the best part of the show is the native american/Catholic church segments..... At this point, it's the only reason I'm watching.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
After watching the last episode I felt like I was watching titanic. I’m over the Spencer and Alex honeymoon near death experiences at every turn. It feels like a daytime show now. Just push forward to the part where Spencer gets tagged in and opens a can of whoop A. On the Dutton enemies.

I am too interested in the rainwater storyline and to see what happens to the two older main characters.

Stout

Reaction score
After watching the last episode I felt like I was watching titanic. I’m over the Spencer and Alex honeymoon near death experiences at every turn. It feels like a daytime show now. Just push forward to the part where Spencer gets tagged in and opens a can of whoop A. On the Dutton enemies.

I am too interested in the rainwater storyline and to see what happens to the two older main characters.
Plus the whole idea that the "only" way they'll be saved is if he gets home is positively dumb.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the wife and I just finished watching 1923. There is only 8 episodes? I'm assuming that there is another season for 1923? They way it ended felt strange, like there was still half a seasons worth of content left on the bone.