17.5 point favorites over the Texans

Diverdan

Reaction score
I don’t know if there is a way to find out, but I’ve been a fan since 1970 and cannot remember any Cardinal team favored to win a game by this large a margin.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Too many points. But the Texans are that bad. And, at some point, the Cards have to peak. But I have bet against them too many times already and been shocked. So I am not touching this one

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won't bet on any line over 9.5 like ever.

But I don't think it's necessarily wrong. I will be disapointed if the Cards don't win by that amount or more.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the line I like is first half spread... Cardinals -10.5

we jump out early on teams and usually up big at halftime... We've been up 10.5 many times this year and against way better teams

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How do you give a “pro” team 17.5 points? Not me that’s for sure.
Houston lost their last 2 road games 31-3 vs Indy and 40-0 vs Buffalo, so makes sense if you're trying to get some money in on Hou

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
tough game.... every reason to look past it.

but also, every reason to be over emotional about it then be too drained to play green bay on thursday.

This is a very dangerous week Cards fans.

logic tells me if we win 1 of these 2 we did well...

but my eyes and my heart tells me we can win them both..

just have to stay focused.

the "Same old Cardinals"??... they lose them both.

the last time we had a similar game was when BA had every reason to beat the snot out of the stillers, and the talent to do it..... but the team just failed....

but that team wasnt 6-0
that team didnt have Kyler Murray,... THE Baby Yoda guru of the NFL...
that team wasnt as good all around as this team is.

Honestly my biggest concern against the texans is cheap shots.... maybe some of those players dont like the fact that Hop and Watt bailed and moved to greener pastures.... would hate to see a knee spear or a chop block out of spite.

...and the only bright side about green bay?? is we always play them well...drawing them on a short week was a straight corn hole for us...why couldnt these games be swapped?? I mean, Hop and Watt playing against their old team... thats prime time material right?

tough week....

gonna be hilarious when the pundits have us at 4 in their power rankings while we sit at 8-0 though.... we can all laugh together, I hope they keep doing it.

Because we are going to win Cards fans...

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I checked out a site called Odds Shark which keeps track of prior spreads going back to 1980. Though the interface is a bit clunky, the largest spreads for the Cardinals (as favorites) that I could find were:

12/27/09: St Louis Rams +16
12/07/08: St Louis Rams +14.5

The Cardinals won both games. Covered both spreads easily, too.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Too many points. But the Texans are that bad. And, at some point, the Cards have to peak. But I have bet against them too many times already and been shocked. So I am not touching this one
I won big everytime on the cards bets! May throw some away at this one just cause - we are favored by do much, be bold, be aggressive, kick some AZ!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave