15 thoughts - Rams game

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think the defense was really the issue in either game. They didn't play great but I think well enough to win. The fact they didn'tt win is on the offense and Kliff

I agree with that, AZCB, and I think you can say that about most of the season. It is simply not very realistic to consistently stop offenses in todays NFL, and it is certainly not a great plan to try to win it all almost exclusively with defense. That said, I have always been a defensive guy, and it annoys me when they give up a lot of yards. I have always been the type that appreciated a 10-7 game much more than a 35-32 game.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely disagree with #1.
Potentially last game of the year, win or go home. If Kyler was good enough to go in at the end of the game, then he could have gone in at the very least right after half time, if not earlier.

I think it is very dangerous, BCF, to try to judge on something like that. Even if you are a doctor, knew exactly what was wrong, and knew exactly what kind of treatment he was getting, then you would still not be capable of knowing exactly how much pain he was feeling. Personally I am not going to question the toughness of a guy that, voluntarily, dances around a few yards away from 300 lbs-monsters that are trying to catch him at almost any cost.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need a better backup than anything we have on our roster regardless of Kyler's opinion about it.

Brissett
Fitzpatrick
Tyrod Taylor

all should be pursued.

I have always liked Fitzpatrick. His ceiling is so high and floor so low, so you never know what you are going to get, but if all things click, you can easily win a lot with him. I would definitely like him as a backup.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
This. The point is if he was physically capable of playing on it in the middle of the 4th quarter, he most likely was able to after the half time break. Usually any shot or treatment would have been done at that time. The cameras panned to him multiple times after half and he looked in no worse condition than when he came in the game. This response was about toughness. It has been pointed out that there are several QB's who have toughed out a broken limb and finished a game. I'm not saying Kyler should have done that but there are several QB's in the league that would have come back into that game a lot sooner given the circumstances.

sounds like that’s exactly what you think he should have done. Stop pretending to care about the players well being while also calling them weak

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard