127 Hours

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
127 Hours

Release Date: November 5, 2010 (limited; wide: Dec. 3)
Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Danny Boyle
Screenwriter: Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for language and some disturbing violent content/bloody images)

Starring: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn, Kate Mara, Clemence Poesy, Kate Burton, Lizzy Caplan

Plot Summary: "127 Hours" is the new film from Danny Boyle, the Academy Award winning director of last year's Best Picture, "Slumdog Millionaire." "127 Hours" is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston's (James Franco) remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers (Clemence Poesy), family, and the two hikers (Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara) he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet? A visceral thrilling story that will take an audience on a never before experienced journey and prove what we can do when we choose life.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loved it. Danny Boyle can do no wrong.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Ditto. Didn't understand how the concept could be made interesting i.e. I could walk out of the theatre, come back and say "yep, still stuck". Man, was I wrong.

Also, if you youtube the guy (Aron Ralston) you can see him explaining to Dan Rather how he freed himself. The movie did that scene perfectly.

James Franco deserves an Oscar.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This movie was freaking insane! I just got out and I loved every minute of it. I was literally squirming in my chair as he was freeing himself.

This movie had pure emotion. It was intense. It was played perfectly by James Franco. I agree completely that he is 100% worthy of an Oscar for his performance.

WOW!

However Danny Boyle can most certainly do WRONG:
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing this and I absolutely loved it. I was VERY skeptical when I heard James Franco was going to be the lead role but I thought he did a fantastic job. The music at the end was great and I agree, the scene where he was freeing himself was incredibly uncomfortable to watch, yet my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time.

I haven't seen the Beach so he's still batting 1.000 for me!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good flick. The scene where he freed himself was tough to watch, and Franco's shining moment was the stunned reaction he had when he finally did it and stumbled backwards.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I finally saw it and I loved it too, it was perfectly done IMO.

Re: The Beach. I thought that movie was pretty good for about 45 minutes until it totally went off the rails into bizarro world. Ofcourse that was during freshman year at NAU so I was probably stoned. :p

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally saw it and I loved it too, it was perfectly done IMO.

Re: The Beach. I thought that movie was pretty good for about 45 minutes until it totally went off the rails into bizarro world. Ofcourse that was during freshman year at NAU so I was probably stoned. :p

If you saw it last night you were probably stoned:D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this last night finally - very intense.

I get claustrophobic, so it was tough to watch at times.

I also have a friend that died in a slot canyon, so it brought back those memories.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I finally watched this, I know I'm slow, I just couldn't imagine it holding my interest.

Boy, was I wrong!

Very intense, very hard to watch at times because of the intensity.
Great film.
A brilliant performance by James Franco.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This movie was freaking insane! I just got out and I loved every minute of it. I was literally squirming in my chair as he was freeing himself.

This movie had pure emotion. It was intense. It was played perfectly by James Franco. I agree completely that he is 100% worthy of an Oscar for his performance.

WOW!

I recently watched it. I totally agree shane! Franco was amazing. Well made film. Cutting the nerve almost put me over the edge. Just insane!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted no part of this movie. I watched it at someone's house, and it freaked me out so much I wish I would have missed it. :)

Good movie, well done. Best movie yet for Franco.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I netflixed it at one point and it spent 3 weeks on my table before I mailed it back. Still something I want to see, I just have a hard time committing time to movies sometimes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen