#1 seed magic number watch

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Highly unlikely given our schedule, our injuries and then dealing with players having to play themselves into game shape.
Seems like a solid chance that we win our next 2 games. The main thing in our way is that we would need Memphis to lose their next 2 and that seems unlikely.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a solid chance that we win our next 2 games. The main thing in our way is that we would need Memphis to lose their next 2 and that seems unlikely.
Yup - I can see them losing to the Nets, but not the Pacers

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have a better chance of losing the next 3 games then we do of winning the next two. Either could happen but back to back at Minnesota and Denver will almost surely give us a loss given our depleted roster. I guess it's possible that Payne will come back and not miss a beat followed immediately by a CP at the top of his game but we didn't fare so well in the past when they have both been out or limited.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think we have a better chance of losing the next 3 games then we do of winning the next two. Either could happen but back to back at Minnesota and Denver will almost surely give us a loss given our depleted roster. I guess it's possible that Payne will come back and not miss a beat followed immediately by a CP at the top of his game but we didn't fare so well in the past when they have both been out or limited.
Always keeping us in check.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Golden State's loss last night, they are now eliminated from a chance at the #1 slot and the only team that has a mathematical chance of catching the Suns now is Memphis.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Golden State's loss last night, they are now eliminated from a chance at the #1 slot and the only team that has a mathematical chance of catching the Suns now is Memphis.
Memphis might close the gap on us but even if the unthinkable happened and we lost all our remaining games, I'm confident we'd still retain the top spot.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Memphis might close the gap on us but even if the unthinkable happened and we lost all our remaining games, I'm confident we'd still retain the top spot.

They have a really tough schedule to close out the season. It includes games against Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Golden State, Phoenix, New Orleans and Boston at home and Utah and Denver on the road. Even if they went undefeated in those games, the Suns would have to go 1-9 in their final 10 for Memphis to pass them. Just don't see that happening.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a really tough schedule to close out the season. It includes games against Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Golden State, Phoenix, New Orleans and Boston at home and Utah and Denver on the road. Even if they went undefeated in those games, the Suns would have to go 1-9 in their final 10 for Memphis to pass them. Just don't see that happening.
Yeah, like I said, it ain't happening even if we were to just mail it in from now on. We have a tough schedule too but we have an almost insurmountable lead as long as we don't resurrect Gene Mauch.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not counting on the Nets or Warriors for help.

This is the Nets injury report when they play the Grizzlies tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope suns play as well as a num 1 seed in poffs should and im prayin its clips over lakers

I dont want to see lebron la laker fans 7 gms ughhhhhhh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose