‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles’ Gets Paramount Pictures Remake With Will Smith & Kevin Hart Starring

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles’ Gets Paramount Pictures Remake With Will Smith & Kevin Hart Starring

https://deadline.com/2020/08/planes-trains-and-automobiles-remake-will-smith-kevin-hart-paramount-john-hughes-john-candy-steve-martin-1203015171/

Paramount Pictures has set a remake of the classic John Hughes 1987 road trip comedy Planes, Trains & Automobiles as a star vehicle for Will Smith and Kevin Hart. Hart’s Hartbeat Productions and Smith’s Westbrook Studios will produce. In her feature debut, Aeysha Carr will write the script. Her TV credits include Brooklyn 99 and the upcoming Hulu series Woke.

:|

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ludicrous.

Raise your hand if you think this new version has any chance to bring one to tears with laughter and with sympathy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Downey Jr. and Zack Galafanakis already tried this a while back in Due Date. Didn’t take then, will be surprised if it does now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Get used to it. There is going to be a real challenge getting people back into movie theaters. If you thought money-grubbing remakes were out of control before the pandemic, just wait until the pandemic is over. People like the familiar, and it's going to be interesting to see how the studios try to get people back in the cinema.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Smith okay...Kevin Hart YES...remake of this movie UNNECESSARY.

Will Smith is a legit great actor. Kevin Hart is horrible. Ooooooh I’m little there you go just saved you a trip to the movies

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Smith is a legit great actor. Kevin Hart is horrible. Ooooooh I’m little there you go just saved you a trip to the movies

I think Will is a very good actor but for me, Kevin is hilarious. I know comedy doesn't work the same for everybody but that's what he brings to the table for many of us. Still, I see no need to remake P,T&A. Steal aspects of the story if you must and just make a new movie with it's very own title.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Will Smith doesn’t take on a lot of loser projects, it’s the only reason I’m thinking this has a hartbeat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson