Suns @ Timberwolves Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-23-2024 - Game 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are nuts Booker is this teams Fitz trading him is idiotic talk! Trade someone else you don’t trade your franchise player geesh. Overreacting to playoff losses has gone crazy nowadays!
He is not Fitz. Even when Fitz wasn’t getting the ball he was a hell of a blocker. When Devin isn’t hitting shots he is useless.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whatever Kobe did, he set up on offense that went to 3 straight Finals and won 2 titles.

There’s no comparison between the two. Kobe is probably a top 10-15 player ever. Book might not even be a top 10 player right now.
Yep cause they went and got the missing piece...Mr Gasol...cause prior to that it was no bueno

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep cause they went and got the missing piece...Mr Gasol...cause prior to that it was no bueno
Lol… we just got KD AND BEAL. And it’s still beyond no bueno.

Dude ain’t Kobe. I know you’re one of the die-st hard fans on this board, but at a certain point you gotta face facts. Boom is not a top tier superstar and if we keep trying to build around him as if he is, this team ain’t ever winning anything.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol… we just got KD AND BEAL. And it’s still beyond no bueno.

Dude ain’t Kobe. I know you’re one of the die-st hard fans on this board, but at a certain point you gotta face facts. Boom is not a top tier superstar and if we keep trying to build around him as if he is, this team ain’t ever winning anything.
Let's see how Friday plays out. If we run out the same .....this is how we play routine yep will be an awful series. We have beaten them 11 out of 12 times prior so we need to figure it out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see how Friday plays out. If we run out the same .....this is how we play routine yep will be an awful series. We have beaten them 11 out of 12 times prior so we need to figure it out
Fair.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I can put this in Suns terms… Devin Booker is the SG version of peak Tom Chambers. A gifted scorer, yet still not one of the top scorers in the league, a pretty mediocre to flat out bad defender, puts up what looks like solid assist numbers while not being a very good passer (same as Chambers’ rebounding numbers) and has next to no leadership qualities.

An important player for the Suns, but not a championship level difference maker and definitely needs a strong number 1 if the team is going to actually contend for a title… and even then, isn’t an ideal #2 because he’s relatively one dimensional and can be clamped down on there as well.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What a bummer.

I'll be interested to see if this team plays as consistently stupid with a different coach next year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He is not Fitz. Even when Fitz wasn’t getting the ball he was a hell of a blocker. When Devin isn’t hitting shots he is useless.
Booker’s stock has plummeted recently. He doesn’t come off as a leader, struggles under pressure and has been taking plays (and even games) off.

If I’m James Jones or whomever the GM is next season, while I’m not shopping Booker around, I’m at least picking up the phone and listening to what other teams are willing to offer

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Plain and simple, this offense is all ISO with poor pick and roll 5ft away from the 3 point line, with less than 10 seconds of clock. Horrible action off the ball and players just standing at 3pt line. Rebounder pulled out to 3pt/elbow with almost not position to rebound outside of Nurk.

KD and Book are two of the worst off-ball and ISO defenders.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im.going to a surprise scary movie at cinemark tom least i can enjoy movie gf time on edibes lol

And no suns stress not beatin den anyway lolll

F uuuuuu vogel popel

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Could be worse I guess. Gotta hold serve in PHX. Series can change in a heartbeat we all know that. A beat down in game 3 would sure be nice to set the tone. 93 Suns always give me hope with that opening round series win vs LA. Difference here is Vogel ain't no Westphal
Love your eternal optimism! (Not kidding)

This team stinks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing thats most depressing is we now know what this team looks like in the playoffs, the same team. So, even if they dig themselves out of this series we know they didnt have an extra gear and arent going far. Any series beyond this is harder than this one, period.
This team ain’t digging anything but the final hole for themselves.

They’re a rudderless ship, going down like the Titanic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker’s stock has plummeted recently. He doesn’t come off as a leader, struggles under pressure and has been taking plays (and even games) off.

If I’m James Jones or whomever the GM is next season, while I’m not shopping Booker around, I’m at least picking up the phone and listening to what other teams are willing to offer
We may not have a choice with the KD trade being a bust. Booker could bring us a bunch of needed assets to rebuild. I don’t think Book is going to stay for a rebuild anyway. The organization set the expectations to have a big name next to him and we don’t have the pieces or cap space to make that happen again anytime soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn