Suns @ Timberwolves Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-23-2024 - Game 2

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Could be worse I guess. Gotta hold serve in PHX. Series can change in a heartbeat we all know that. A beat down in game 3 would sure be nice to set the tone. 93 Suns always give me hope with that opening round series win vs LA. Difference here is Vogel ain't no Westphal

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trading Book and Durant would definitely expedite a rebuild. Not sure where they would get sent and who has the assets. Beal doesn’t seem to be trade able at this point although he showed more energy than anyone else tonight.

Has a “Big 3” ever worked?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is insane. Melo IMMEDIATELY lifted what was an AWFUL Nuggets team FOREVER into the playoffs AS A 19 YEAR OLD ROOKIE. And kept them in the playoffs year after year and even got them to the Conference Finals and then somehow got a moribund Knicks team into the 2nd round with almost no talent.

Booker never even SNIFFED the playoffs for the first four years of his career, then had one fluky Finals run where every single team they played was down either their best or second best player, and he was the Robin to CP3’s Batman and has been HUMILIATED in every playoffs now the last three years.

But keep on fluffing Booker, the leader of this pathetic team and guy who was the leader of multiple home humiliations the last couple years of the playoffs. Looks like he’s well on his way to making that a trifecta!

lol, Carmelo was 3-13 in playoff series in his career, spent most of it in a putrid Eastern conference, Denver actually improved after they got rid of him.

If Booker gets bounced in the first round for about the next 8 years straight (including this one) we can revisit this conversation.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
31-2 pts off turnovers tell the whole story. There is nothing else. That is the story. This team needs a PG period. Shoot any PG that can run a decent floor.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Sad I have to make my comeback for this game! This team has been the worst to watch all year long. This team is so soft and has zero passion to actually try hard (Outside of Beal).

I worried this maybe a Booker and KD problem, they are all finesse, thinking we will just try again next year. They are going to find out next season may not happen.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a time where the Lakers thought they might be better trading Kobe. Hopefully we do the same and not do something that stupid

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad I have to make my comeback for this game! This team has been the worst to watch all year long. This team is so soft and has zero passion to actually try hard (Outside of Beal).

I worried this maybe a Booker and KD problem, they are all finesse, thinking we will just try again next year. They are going to find out next season may not happen.

Good to see you posting again. Unfortunately, wrong team, wrong time.

It's not fun playing poker without enough chips.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, Carmelo was 3-13 in playoff series in his career, Denver actually improved after they got rid of him.

If Booker gets bounced in the first around for about the next 8 years straight (including this one) we can revisit this conversation.

Lol… yes, Devin Booker… playoff hero leading multiple 2-0 choke jobs, a third straight playoff humiliation, consistently lost series that he was favored in, while only making the playoffs 4 out of his 9 years in the league. It’s hard to lose series when you’re not good enough to even get your team into the playoffs.

Do you know why Melo has a 5-13 series record? It’s because he was ACTUALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS enough to get that as opposed to Booker who’s been in only 4 playoffs in 9 years. And again, Melo went to awful Nuggets AND Knicks teams that hadn’t made the playoffs in years and actually took those terrible franchises to 10 straight years of playoffs.

But Booker and his getting to the playoffs in 4 out of his first 9 years blows Melo out of the convo!

This is even more deranged than your Mikal Bridges has more value than Jamal Murray argument.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a time where the Lakers thought they might be better trading Kobe. Hopefully we do the same and not do something that stupid
We don’t have a Kobe. We have a Melo. And the sooner we realize that and start the rebuild completely over, the sooner this team will ever have a chance of being relevant again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol… yes, Devin Booker… playoff hero leading multiple 2-0 choke jobs, a third straight playoff humiliation, consistently lost series that he was favored in, while only making the playoffs 4 out of his 9 years in the league. It’s hard to lose series when you’re not good enough to even get your team into the playoffs.

As opposed to Melo who went to awful Nuggets AND Knicks teams and actually took those terrible franchises to 10 straight years of playoffs.

But Booker and his getting to the playoffs in 4 out of his first 9 years blows Melo out of the convo!

This is even more deranged than your Mikal Bridges has more value than Jamal Murray argument.

I know, Carmelo had to go against that brutal 2010s eastern conference. A long long career and he somehow has less playoff series victories than Booker.

Furthermore...

What is your point? You seemingly think the world of Carmelo, so are you complimenting Booker with the comparison?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We don’t have a Kobe. We have a Melo. And the sooner we realize that and start the rebuild completely over, the sooner this team will ever have a chance of being relevant again.
When Book is playing point? Yes he's not the same player. Even Kobe didn't do that nonsense....insert Derek Fisher

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Same, maybe the 4th or 5th game I’ve checked in on all year.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Money spent on Grayson is the wrong move. Tons of shooters with no one to set them up. It's a cluster and teams know it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Book is playing point? Yes he's not the same player. Even Kobe didn't do that nonsense....insert Derek Fisher
If you think Kobe didn’t dominate the ball in that offense as the primary playmaker, you didn’t watch a lot of Lakers basketball.

Fisher was no more of a PG than BJ Armstrong was for the Bulls. He was a spot up shooter, great glue guy. But he and his 2.7 assists per game do not a PG make.

There’s no comparison between Kobe and Book.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Tissue soft with zero answers unless we trade KD. For at least 3 years.

And Book goes nowhere.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Book is the only constant on this team and is most likely the reason why this team keeps imploding. He just doesnt have the toughness

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d you think Kobe didn’t dominate the ball in that offense as the primary playmaker, you didn’t watch a lot of Lakers basketball.

Fisher was no more of a PG than BJ Armstrong was for the Bulls. He was a spot up shooter, great glue guy. But he wasn’t a PG.

There’s no comparison between Kobe and Book.
Kobe set Kobe up. Book is trying to be a PG . You know the difference