The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol the Mavs had 30 at half time against the Clips! Love it hope Luka gets his ass kicked couldn’t happen to a nice douche!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true because we’d have the best backcourt in the league with an elite wing defender and the rest of our assets to improve the team. Personally I’d rather have SGA in hindsight.

Ayton at least helped you get to a final as an actual player. But i do think the overall play of Ayton and then the complete bust of Wiseman is two examples of there is no guarantee in the draft. I wasn't a huge fan of Ayton but I certainly wasn't saying no way he should be the first pick. I wanted Edwards but I certainly didn't expect the Wiseman pick to haunt the Warriors like it has.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton at least helped you get to a final as an actual player. But i do think the overall play of Ayton and then the complete bust of Wiseman is two examples of there is no guarantee in the draft. I wasn't a huge fan of Ayton but I certainly wasn't saying no way he should be the first pick. I wanted Edwards but I certainly didn't expect the Wiseman pick to haunt the Warriors like it has.
I was so over the moon that we drafted Ayton instead of Luka… obnoxiously so.

An all-time Cheese-Oof on the level of my JOSH MCCOWN IS THE ANSWER thread.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka would be a three and Haliburton would be at point. Its free to dream.
We woulda made the playoffs in Year 2 with Luka/Book and not in the lotto to Draft Halliburton.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the Game 1s so far have lacked drama. Pels-Thunder has been the best one so far, at least going into the last qtr.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to give it up for both NO and OKC. NO without Zion hung in until the end. and OKC is still such a young team, and didn't fold in the clutch. That last sequence the defense by Cason Wallace was terrific and McCollum still got off a good look that nearly went in, NBA players are just so good.

I never really watched a replay but live that late block by Chet I thought was a goaltend, seemed like it had just been in the air too long, but the way the Pels reacted they didn't seem to think it was because they kept playing.

SGA is unreal, when they talk about slowing yourself down in the paint he's as good as anybody doing it, including Luka.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the Game 1s so far have lacked drama. Pels-Thunder has been the best one so far, at least going into the last qtr.

That was a great game, I was pulling for the upset. Pels are just long and young enough to keep up with the Thunder.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great game, I was pulling for the upset. Pels are just long and young enough to keep up with the Thunder.
Yep, it really looked like McCollum's last shot was going to go in and the Pels pull out an upset at the buzzer.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
What a game by both 76er and Knicks! Great D by both. Philly almost got it by shutting down Brunson with Batum's denying-ball defense. But everyone on K's fought for offensive boards, and rewarded with the final outcome. Maxie getting hot like ANT in our game 1 notwithstanding. If the Suns could motivate half of those fighting energy from our team potential!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW!

Jamal Murray had been awful for 3 quarters, putting up what looked like an all-time stinkbomb from him, the Nuggz were down by 18 early in the 3rd, then he just TOOK OVER down the stretch and made an insane jumper over AD at the buzzer to win it.

WOW. Booker can take some lessons from Murray on post-season clutch ball and on how to turn a game around when you’ve stunk for the majority of it. That was incredibly impressive.