Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear, I've never seen a team like last year's Rams do it with smoke and mirrors. At a point in the season, I thought they weren't much better than us, then I turn around and they're in the damn playoffs.

I think the Rams roster is fine even without Donald. Stafford, Kupp and Nacua will carry them to enough wins.

The big questions for me is their staff. They lost a lot of guys and have a lot of changes over there this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the Rams fading… especially in regards to us being better than them next year? They won the title two years ago, faded for one injury-mared follow up season, and are already on the way back up, getting back to the playoffs last year on the backs of two great new young stars on offense to go with Cupp, while Stafford bounced back from injury.

Losing Donald will no doubt hurt, but I’ve seen very little to show me that we’ve all of a sudden risen above a team that’s owned us forever and was a playoff team last year.
It was discussed a lot last year they they were fading. Many people expected the Rams, as well as the Texans in the bottom 5. It didn't happen.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the Rams roster is fine even without Donald. Stafford, Kupp and Nacua will carry them to enough wins.

The big questions for me is their staff. They lost a lot of guys and have a lot of changes over there this season.
The Rams are in the good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to win it all mode.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kupp has only played two full seasons, is on the other side of 30, and missed 13 games the last two years. He also coming off his second worst season. Stafford is 36 and has had his own durability issues recently. They take big step back this year and I'd put $5 that Jimmy G starts at least 3 games.

*Kupp's extension starts this year too, at $30 million a year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe AGAIN that somehow THIS is the year that the Rams fall apart.
Yep, McVay and his offense is too good for that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kupp has only played two full seasons, is on the other side of 30, and missed 13 games the last two years. He also coming off his second worst season. Stafford is 36 and has had his own durability issues recently. They take big step back this year and I'd put $5 that Jimmy G starts at least 3 games.

*Kupp's extension starts this year too, at $30 million a year.
there was lots of talk last year about stafford retiring because of his shoulder... personally I hope he leverages his relationship with mcvay to bully through a bad throwing arm and play another five years

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams actually have picks this year. They have 4 top 100 picks and 11 picks overall. They are going to draft another WR and add some good players to an already decent roster.

And they have a history of hitting on draft picks in the lower rounds.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I
there was lots of talk last year about stafford retiring because of his shoulder... personally I hope he leverages his relationship with mcvay to bully through a bad throwing arm and play another five years
I think his wife wants him to retire, too...IIRC she made posts about it, as well. Stafford could very well go the Kurt Warner route and hang them up a year or 2 early.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I

I think his wife wants him to retire, too...IIRC she made posts about it, as well. Stafford could very well go the Kurt Warner route and hang them up a year or 2 early.
yeah... I think this may play out as one of those situations where a personal relationship hurts the team.
if McVay was as all world as they say it seems the smarter choice for him may have been to keep Baker Mayfield and openly encourage Stafford to retire.
But they are buddies.
they got a decent season out of Matt but ya gotta think looking forward Mayfield would have been the better choice