Durant to Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean like going to in circles with all these guys available that would have happened? You must have a crystal ball. One was possible because he wanted to be here. All others are just speculation.

You keep saying he wanted to be here like he came at no cost. We paid an exorbitant price to get him. He didn't come as a free agent and he didn't come over like Beal with a no trade clause. We traded for him well after he rescinded his trade request out of Brooklyn. But keep leaning on how badly he wanted to be here and how Brooklyn just had to move on from him.

And to head off the idea Booker wouldn't be happy. He's been seen at a handful of Brooklyn games courtside to watch his buddies, Mikal and Cam. He wasn't demanding a deal to be made. But go ahead, your crystal ball says he was going to demand to be traded, right?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You keep saying he wanted to be here like he came at no cost. We paid an exorbitant price to get him. He didn't come as a free agent and he didn't come over like Beal with a no trade clause. We traded for him well after he rescinded his trade request out of Brooklyn. But keep leaning on how badly he wanted to be here and how Brooklyn just had to move on from him.

And to head off the idea Booker wouldn't be happy. He's been seen at a handful of Brooklyn games courtside to watch his buddies, Mikal and Cam. He wasn't demanding a deal to be made. But go ahead, your crystal ball says he was going to demand to be traded, right?
No I didn’t. I never said no cost. I said repeatedly “opportunity”. You just are not reading it. I think everybody knows any move we make comes at a cost. Who doesn’t know that?

In terms of Booker your crystal ball says he would be happy forever here not winning right? IMO, I would think less of Booker if his competitiveness didn’t eventually push him to want to leave if he thought it wasn’t going to happen here.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I didn’t. I never said no cost. I said repeatedly “opportunity”. You just are not reading it. I think everybody knows any move we make comes at a cost. Who doesn’t know that?

All players come at cost, that's the point. Saying he wanted to be here is irrelevant if we won't pay what it takes to get him. Following along? Kyrie said he wanted to come here, apparently so did Harden, and the Suns either had no interest or way to make it happen. See how much it mattered that they wanted to be here in the end? The price for KD was too much, it's why the Suns didn't trade for him when news was made public. Ishbia came in and wanted to make a splash though so he overruled James Jones and threw caution to the wind. Which is what I said when I started this. Now we've gone full circle for some reason because you have this incessant need to discuss this trade over and over for some reason.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All players come at cost, that's the point. Saying he wanted to be here is irrelevant if we won't pay what it takes to get him. Following along? Kyrie said he wanted to come here, apparently so did Harden, and the Suns either had no interest or way to make it happen. See how much it mattered that they wanted to be here in the end? The price for KD was too much, it's why the Suns didn't trade for him when news was made public. Ishbia came in and wanted to make a splash though so he overruled James Jones and threw caution to the wind. Which is what I said when I started this. Now we've gone full circle for some reason because you have this incessant need to discuss this trade over and over for some reason.
Who couldn't follow along? You keep pointing out the most obvious things that everyone knows but in scenarios you dictate. There are so many factors that determine if something is viable including the Suns thinking they were a good fit, having the right assets the other team wants. You act like just because these guys became available it was magically viable.

Basically, you keep repeating how much you hate the trade, we gave up too much and how bad it was over and over and over but nobody should respond. Gotcha.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You act like just because these guys became available it was magically viable.

This coming from the guy who acts like we HAD to trade for KD simply because he said he wanted to play for the Suns 6 months before traded for him.

Stars are always moved. We bet on the wrong one. You can't even admit that without adding a bunch of fluff about how it was a move we had to make, even at the ridiculous price we paid.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coming from the guy who acts like we HAD to trade for KD simply because he said he wanted to play for the Suns 6 months before traded for him.

Stars are always moved. We bet on the wrong one. You can't even admit that without adding a bunch of fluff about how it was a move we had to make, even at the ridiculous price we paid.
Yeah nobody’s acting like that at all. As usual you are just making up your own narrative because you can’t point to anywhere that was said…..again.

Nobody said stars don’t move. Nobody said we had to do anything. No fluff required. You can’t debate without making stuff up.

I am saying it was the only KNOWN viable scenario. Not sure why you are struggling with the concept.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should have looked at moves like Boston's acquisition of Portzingis.

Build on the talent you already have and extend the window.
the fallacy here is that we still had a window. we were 26-25 when the trade was made and despite having a nice 7-3 run right before the trade, we were trending down long-term because the reality is that our leader/superstar was CP3 and the second he was cooked, so was our window. Especially seeing how much a dog Ayton would become.

Reality is you can't build around Booker unless you bring in an Alpha better than him who can actually control an entire game. We saw that pre-CP3 and we're seeing it post CP3... even with a HOFer next to him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the thing... it was a bad trade, but that team was cooked regardless. anyone who can't see that our window slammed shut the second CP3 fell off the steepest cliff in the history of professional sports isn't being honest with themselves about who this team had and how they could ultimately maintain championship contender status.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah nobody’s acting like that at all. As usual you are just making up your own narrative because you can’t point to anywhere that was said…..again.

Nobody said stars don’t move. Nobody said we had to do anything. No fluff required. You can’t debate without making stuff up.

I am saying it was the only KNOWN viable scenario. Not sure why you are struggling with the concept.

Again, making no trade was a very viable scenario. You seem to ignore that, over and over again.

:bang:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, making no trade was a very viable scenario. You seem to ignore that, over and over again.

:bang:
There you go again making crap up. You just can’t help yourself. Sure doing nothing was viable. Again, pointing out the obvious. I was saying if the Suns wanted to win a title they needed to do something.

Jeebus.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There you go again making crap up. You just can’t help yourself. Sure doing nothing was viable. Again, pointing out the obvious. I was saying if the Suns wanted to win a title they needed to do something.

Jeebus.

I made up nothing. You started this, again, by chiming in and saying....

I agree the Suns may have done something different had they known where the new CBA was headed. The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere.

And since they had just been to the Finals a year and a half earlier, had all of their key players locked in, and all of their future picks available to them they didn't need to go all in on a very shortsighted move that didn't help them get closer to a championship. But I guess I'm the one looking into a crystal ball, right? You're the one who made the claim that the team that won the Western Conference a year prior was going nowhere and a move HAD to be made.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made up nothing. You started this, again, by chiming in and saying....

And since they had just been to the Finals a year and a half earlier, had all of their key players locked in, and all of their future picks available to them they didn't need to go all in on a very shortsighted move that didn't help them get closer to a championship. But I guess I'm the one looking into a crystal ball, right? You're the one who made the claim that the team that won the Western Conference a year prior was going nowhere and a move HAD to be made.
Thank you for proving my point. Here let me highlight the part where you seem to be struggling.............

"The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere."

How are you having so much trouble comprehending? That means I thought the team needed to make a move because IMO they were going nowhere. It in no way shape or form means that doing nothing, IN THE LITERAL SENSE, wasn't an actual option for the team. They ultimately could do what they wanted. I think everyone on this forum can ascertain that from that sentence.

You are pulling that out of your backside dude. I will let you read @Cheesebeef post on this that he just made tonight because he pretty much sums it up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point. Here let me highlight the part where you seem to be struggling.............

How are you having so much trouble comprehending? That literally means I thought the team needed to make a move because they were going nowhere. It in no way shape or form means that doing nothing, IN THE LITERAL SENSE, wasn't an actual option for the team. They ultimately could do what they wanted. I think everyone on this forum can ascertain that from that sentence.

You are pulling that out of your backside dude. I will let you read @Cheesebeef post on this that he just made tonight because he pretty much sums it up.
I think his bump is they didn’t have to make the move RIGHT THEN because we thought KD could be that 1. Turns out he wasn’t. And as it’s become more clear that Booker never will be, that’s where I think we didn’t have to make that trade right there because trade or no trade, we were cooked. And we got cooked in the trade making things worse.

The reality was if this team was ever gonna get a true 1, Bridges was going to have to be in the deal, but that didn’t mean we would have ever had to give up so many picks and Cam. Likely there wasn’t a player of MVP quality that hit the market. They usually don’t. Which is why the team was totally screwed the moment our team MVP fell off a cliff.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How are you having so much trouble comprehending? That literally means I thought the team needed to make a move because they were going nowhere. It in no way shape or form means that doing nothing wasn't an actual option. I think everyone on this forum can ascertain that from that sentence.

You are pulling that out of your backside dude. I will let you read @Cheesebeef post on this he just made tonight because he pretty much sums it up.

You felt that team was going nowhere. That doesn't mean they were or that no moves could be made at a later date. That's been my point all along and you keep saying "Nope, had to do something then" when there was no rush. KD didn't win us a title last year, no one thought he would, so there was no reason to rush into that deal. Now I'm just repeating myself because you're too dense to get it or to stubborn to admit that you're projecting your views on where that team was headed onto them. Many disagree that team was going nowhere, I'm one of those people. Your whole argument is based on YOUR OPINION of where that team was headed. You can't say for certain that team wouldn't have won anything. You threw a little fit early saying I couldn't possibly know Lillard, Siakam, and others would have been available in the off-season when the writing was on the wall for those moves when the KD trade happened but yet want others to believe you when you say the team before KD couldn't have improved any other way. As you said, they were going nowhere. Right? To dismiss and downplay others views while asserting your own as indisputable facts is nonsense and hypocritical. Only you have the crystal ball.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You felt that team was going nowhere. That doesn't mean they were or that no moves could be made at a later date. That's been my point all along and you keep saying "Nope, had to do something then" when there was no rush. KD didn't win us a title last year, no one thought he would, so there was no reason to rush into that deal. Now I'm just repeating myself because you're too dense to get it or to stubborn to admit that you're projecting your views on where that team was headed onto them. Many disagree that team was going nowhere, I'm one of those people. Your whole argument is based on YOUR OPINION of where that team was headed. You can't say for certain that team wouldn't have won anything. You threw a little fit early saying I couldn't possibly know Lillard, Siakam, and others would have been available in the off-season when the writing was on the wall for those moves when the KD trade happened but yet want others to believe you when you say the team before KD couldn't have improved any other way. As you said, they were going nowhere. Right? To dismiss and downplay others views while asserting your own as indisputable facts is nonsense and hypocritical.
Dude...stop putting words into my mouth. Now let me highlight the other part of you......"The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere."

Something doesn't mean that move and it didn't mean now. I literally said "something". Do you not know what "something" means? I said that for the first time after that season ended. I had no idea what that "something" would be or when.

You are the only one projecting and making crap up. It's what you always do when you can't point to any factual statement. You are the only one putting words into people's mouths because you know once again you can't backup what you say.

P.S. It's all opinion. I can't believe someone has to explain that to you. I can't believe someone has to spell it out for you when they are being literal or not. Just like when you said one of those other moves could have been made. I never took it for 100% FACT. I can comprehend it's your opinion without you spelling that out. The only difference is I am not making crap up and putting words into your mouth. That's all you.

Last edited:

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
here's the thing... it was a bad trade, but that team was cooked regardless. anyone who can't see that our window slammed shut the second CP3 fell off the steepest cliff in the history of professional sports isn't being honest with themselves about who this team had and how they could ultimately maintain championship contender status.

Well that sums it up pretty well.....The real question is, what next?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude...stop putting words into my mouth. Now let me highlight the other part of you......"The Suns absolutely had to do something. That team was going nowhere."

Something doesn't mean that move and it didn't mean now. I literally said "something". Do you not know what "something" means? I said that for the first time after that season ended. I had not idea what that "something" would be or when.

You are the only one projecting and making crap up. You are the only one putting words into people's mouths because once again, you either can't comprehend or just trying to push your narrative.

P.S. It's all opinion. I can't believe someone has to explain that to you. I can't believe someone has to spell it out for you when they are being literal or not.

Just like when you said one of those other moves could have been made. I never took it for 100% FACT. I can comprehend it's your opinion. I don't need you to spell that out. The only difference is I am not making crap up and putting words into your mouth. That's all you.

I've quoted you every step of the way. I'm not making up anything. Going to go back and edit your posts now? You're delusional.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sums it up pretty well.....The real question is, what next?
Probably some pretty bad basketball for a while unless we can hit on a Kawhi like pick this year in the draft or can somehow move Allen and our 1st for another big-ish piece.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've quoted you every step of the way. I'm not making up anything. Going to go back and edit your posts now? You're delusional.
I edit all the time for spelling, punctuation etc. Name a single quote that I deleted?

I will wait.

What a cop out because you can't back up anything. You just love making crap up....constantly when you are caught with your pants down.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his bump is they didn’t have to make the move RIGHT THEN because we thought KD could be that 1. Turns out he wasn’t. And as it’s become more clear that Booker never will be, that’s where I think we didn’t have to make that trade right there because trade or no trade, we were cooked. And we got cooked in the trade making things worse.

The reality was if this team was ever gonna get a true 1, Bridges was going to have to be in the deal, but that didn’t mean we would have ever had to give up so many picks and Cam. Likely there wasn’t a player of MVP quality that hit the market. They usually don’t. Which is why the team was totally screwed the moment our team MVP fell off a cliff.
Totally agree with this. After the season I just wanted them to do SOMETHING. Anything. This trade probably won't work out but I am not going to fault them for going all in. It just sucks because as Suns fans we have been waiting forever for a title.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I edit all the time for spelling, punctuation etc. Name a single quote that I deleted?

I will wait.

What a cop out because you can't back up anything. You just love making crap up....constantly when you are caught with your pants down.

If you deleted a post, how will I be able to share it? Not thinking too sharp.

As far as editing goes, we've been there done there and I've pointed out how you said something and you claim you didn't on a post is mysteriously edited after I point it out. Coincidence? Come on.

I'm done, you have serious issues.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

As far as editing goes, we've been there done there and I've pointed out how you said something and you claim you didn't on a post is mysteriously edited after I point it out. Coincidence? Come on.

Dude...do you know how this forum works? If you quote me, even If I change or delete it, it's still part of your quote if you do so BEFORE I change it. :lmao:

Check the time stamps. You can't even show one instance where you quoted me, then I deleted it later. The only time I have done that is when someone points out somewhere I made a mistake or points out what I said wasn't clear. I have never simply deleted something entirely unless I felt I was being too harsh or something like that or trying to avoid a ban.

Still waiting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bull crap. You have never given one example where my post was deleted after you quoted me. Not one. Again, you don't know how this forum works. If you use the quote feature, it will still be there in your post regardless of what I do after. Even if I did, it would still be visible in your post.

Still waiting.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Even though Crowder wasn’t playing we traded 3 wings for 1. You saw what Denver’s defense did to us essentially forcing Okogie/Warren/Ross/Craig to go 8/42 from 3 that series. If we would’ve had Cam to pose a legitimate threat things might’ve been different. The whole bizarre Crowder saga kinda gets lost in everything now. The last two and soon to be three seasons will have been completely butchered.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Bull crap. You have never given one example where my post was deleted after you quoted me. Not one. Again, you don't know how this forum works. If you use the quote feature, it will still be there in your post regardless of what I do after. Even if I did, it would still be visible in your post.

Still waiting.
:grabs:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson